Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Comic book PREVIEW! (Comic I am working on)!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85192)

Ziroc 04-15-2003 02:50 AM

Here is another page from the Comic I've been redrawing, called "Intruders -on Earth-". I'm almost done with issue 1 (this is from issue 1). I've redrawn everything in 3D Modeling and 2D effects. Let me know what you think!

(Also just finished my other Comic (Project DB) and will be released this Friday!)

http://www.ironworksforum.com/hosted...preview_01.jpg

If you ever watched the TV series called "War of the Worlds" which aired in 1989-1990, this comic is loosely based on that show.

Comments? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Iron_Ranger 04-15-2003 03:02 AM

<font color='white'> Coooooool! Never watched the show you mentioned, but I cant wait to see the whole thing! Looks intresting! </font>

[ 04-15-2003, 03:03 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]

Dagorion 04-15-2003 03:10 AM

Wow, thats good! I could probably understand it properly if I had seen the show but it looks like a great story.

andrewas 04-15-2003 03:14 AM

That comic is cool. But Ive never heard of the War of the Worlds series - I thught it was just a movie and a book.

LordKathen 04-15-2003 03:44 AM

<font color=ff6600> Right on Z!! Looks real good. [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img] </font>

Ziroc 04-15-2003 03:58 AM

PS: I have drawn all the pages in 300 dpi, so what you see has been shrunk down to 72 dpi for web viewing.

[ 04-15-2003, 06:09 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Kakero 04-15-2003 04:03 AM

ahh yes, I remember that you posted about this some time ago. didn't realise the comic thing is still going on.

I've seen war of the worlds, looks like the comic is similar to that one. good work Ziroc. [img]smile.gif[/img]

WillowIX 04-15-2003 05:57 AM

Looks totally awesome Ziroc. IŽll be awaiting the first issue. [img]smile.gif[/img]

/)eathKiller 04-15-2003 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by andrewas:
That comic is cool. But Ive never heard of the War of the Worlds series - I thught it was just a movie and a book.
In the early 1900s the book was read live over the radio, commercial free and uninterupted, when people tuned into it, before hearing that it was a reading of a book, they thought that it meant an actual invasion had begun, the radio station, loving all the paniced calls they were getting in, even modified the reading live by not only dramatizing it but making it take place in american towns rather than london. This caused enough panic for mass scuicides and people to lock themselves inside buildings until they died from lack of nuetrients air and water, it was simply that frightening for them to think that their world was under attack by mars [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Then nearing the end they realized that the story had gotten too personal for one reported who'd lived through it all and they figured out that it wasn't real, unforutnetly many people didn't bother to keep listening in, expecting martian death walkers to rain down on them at any minute, shooting out killer black smoke, or like in the movies, martian death flying craft that shoot evaporating laser beams, either way, I thought it was a great book, and I've heard the radio broadcast and seen the movie, a great Idea, Z's story doesnt really seem too intertwined, for example: aliens in War of the Worlds couldn't controll humans they just wanted to vaporize them [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Z's comic looks cooler because of the fact that aliens hidden in humans could be anyone (think first wave meets the day the earth stood still) [img]tongue.gif[/img] Really cool stuff, man. Say, that reminds me Z, have you ever read my one of my comics? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

wellard 04-15-2003 07:52 AM

Was the series called "V" in other parts of the world?

The comic looks good Ziroc [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]