Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Imoen Romance Question (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11722)

Attalus 02-18-2003 02:53 PM

I downloaded it and installed it. The Readme, though, cautions against running off and rescuing Imoen too fast. Anyone know why? Does it have anything to do with the dreams?

Vedran 02-18-2003 02:57 PM

Perhaps it does. Perhaps it is only to warn players not to go there ASAP, before they've seen all of the dreams.

Gangrell 02-18-2003 04:00 PM

Heh, no worries there Attalus. If you downloaded TDD or some other major mod extension, it'll make up for a LONG time, then you can go after Imoen. With that mod, and doing every other quest before I go to spellhold as I always do, it took me 60 days to get to her (including the boat ride and actually getting to the opening night of the play in the Bridge District).

Happy Trails

karlosovic 02-18-2003 05:30 PM

60 days with TDD still seems on the fast side, especially if you did the whole bard quest. But then, I'm still not the best player so I spend a lot more time resting than you better players I guess.

Xero279 02-18-2003 05:31 PM

eww, i dont see why people would want to play the imoen romance lol maybe its just me though

Attalus 02-18-2003 05:43 PM

I CAN'T WAIT!!! But, I always get Imoen right after I clear out the DeArnise Estate! Last time, I rescued her in less than a week. I don't like doing quests without Immy, it makes me sad. It's just no fun without my little redheaded thief/mage, wasting all those XP. I've already got some good armor to give her, makes her invulnerable to normal weapons, Boots of Speed, Gesen's Bow, and Amulet of Power. Hehe, nothing like doing Irenicus' Dungeon with Carsomyr +6. Bwahaha!!!

Xero279 02-18-2003 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
I CAN'T WAIT!!! But, I always get Imoen right after I clear out the DeArnise Estate! Last time, I rescued her in less than a week. I don't like doing quests without Immy, it makes me sad. It's just no fun without my little redheaded thief/mage, wasting all those XP. I've already got some good armor to give her, makes her invulnerable to normal weapons, Boots of Speed, Gesen's Bow, and Amulet of Power. Hehe, nothing like doing Irenicus' Dungeon with Carsomyr +6. Bwahaha!!!
Minor Spoiler

How do you get through underdark and possibly the saugin city without doing any major quests? lol i would like die fighting irenicus getting out of spellhold! ;)

Gangrell 02-18-2003 07:02 PM

Irenicus is a cake walk in Spellhold if you know how to hold your own. In my battles with him there, all he's ever done is make clones of all of use, and my allies us spells against him. Just use 2 tanks on him, then he'll curse you out, then send assassins after you.

[ 02-18-2003, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]

Xero279 02-18-2003 07:13 PM

heh, your lucky. last battle with jonny i got hit with some disengtegrate spells :( . it was all going good, till.. distengrate... bye bye minsc! distengreate... bye bye jahiera.. err.. reload!

Edit: Spell check

[ 02-18-2003, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Xero279 ]

Gangrell 02-18-2003 07:16 PM

Bottom Line- Strike, and strike quickly. First thing I learned when fighting mages Xero.