Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A Test ...Wierd (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73318)

Arvon 02-03-2002 11:18 AM

Follow the instructions.
(NO PEEKING AHEAD!)

Free will or synaptic wiring? You be the judge.
Do the following exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow.
There's no trick or surprise.

Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can! Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance until you've done each of them .... really. Now, scroll down (but not too fast, you might miss something).

THINK of a number from 1 to 10

MULTIPLY that number by 9

If the number is a 2-digit number, ADD the digits together

Now SUBTRACT 5

DETERMINE which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended up with (example: 1=a, 2=b, 3=c,etc.)

THINK of a country that starts with that letter

REMEMBER the last letter of the name of that country

THINK of the name of an animal that starts with that letter

REMEMBER the last letter in the name of that animal

THINK of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter

Are you thinking of a Kangaroo in Denmark eating an Orange?

I told you this was FREAKY!! At least for me it was. If not for you, you're among the 2% of the population whose minds are different enough to think of something else. 98% of people will answer with kangaroos in Denmark eating oranges when given this exercise. Freaky, huh? Keep this message going. This one is actually fun sending on to others. Especially if you are among the 2%. Forward it to people you know and see if they can determine if they are "usual" or "unusual".

Kaz 02-03-2002 11:23 AM

Correct, I had a kangaroo in Denmark eating an orange. Although I wondered whether I should do Deutschland instead, but then decided that I wanted to stick with English...
EERIE!
I'd figured out that everybody has to say a country with a D (because of the multiply-by-nine), but that everybody thinks of Denmark, kangaroos, and oranges [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

Bahamut 02-03-2002 11:23 AM

LOL! I thought differently though... hehehe so when I saw the last statement, I was kinda disappointed... heehee oh well at least I am in that 2%! :D

Moni 02-03-2002 11:31 AM

Am I that normal?!
:eek:

That was cool!

Bahamut 02-03-2002 11:34 AM

normal when it comes to these kinds of questions but not normal in everything... heehee ;)

hi moni! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Barry the Sprout 02-03-2002 11:43 AM

I got a Koala in Denmark eating an Apple. So I'm sort of normal I suppose.

J'aran 02-03-2002 11:46 AM

Mine was slightly different, probably because I couldn't think of an animal in English beginning with the letter K that fast, so I stuck with konijn instead, which is Dutch for rabbit. So I came up with a rabbit in Denmark eating a nut... It could have easily been a kangaroo though, if I had been a native English-speaker, and than the fruit would probably have been an orange too.

Bahamut, what did you come up with then?

Bahamut 02-03-2002 11:52 AM

same as barry's [img]smile.gif[/img]

so i guess we aren't that special eh? heehee :D

I thought of an animal that starts with K, and I just thought Koala. Kangaroo was not in my mind.. as in nope nada, zilch. then I thought of a fruit, it was an Atis, a fruit here I dunno what it is called there... it ain't an apple... oh so I guess I am still quite different [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gabriel 02-03-2002 11:52 AM

An elephant eating a turnip in Zimbabwe.

Is a turnip a fruit or tomatao for that matter?

Neb 02-03-2002 12:14 PM

Jeez! That test was FREAKY! 98% it seems.... Damn, I KNEW I shouldn't have chosen 8!