Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Bards? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59110)

Oz 11-18-2001 07:07 PM

Here's anouther newb question,sorry about that, but i decided to dump the chaotic evil dwarf out of my party because I had heroic reputation and it didn't feel right for an evil char to have it. I replaced him with the tiefling bard{lol i am horrible w/ names sorry} but dont know if he is worht it... what do you think?

Mack_Attack 11-18-2001 07:18 PM

The class you pick really depends on what kind of playing style you have. I like thiefs because that is my kind of style you know sneaking around and borrowing things. If you like to be the main tank well then maybe a barbarian or fighter kit. Or do you like to be in the background throwing out spells. Let us know your style then maybe I can give a little more insight.

Oz 11-18-2001 07:23 PM

Truly i prefer mages and fighters that have complicated styles to them. As in I don't like playing normal ole tanks. My main char is a tank because I am not only new to BG2 but new to roleplaying in general and I figured they would be eaisier.

Tarox 11-18-2001 07:32 PM

I guess i for one find it easiest to have a wide range
2/3 warrior types (warrior/pal/ranger)
A thief
A mage
A healer of some sort

I took Haer'Dalis but ******* *** *** ******* **** * ******* ToB

[spoiler edit]

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Tarox ]</p>

Dundee Slaytern 11-19-2001 01:02 AM

Tarox, you just posted a ToB spoiler( and a big one too) in the SoA Forum. Kindly please edit it so that it either has the spoiler tag, remove the name, or delete it.

PS: Spoiler tag =
<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>
ToB Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~<hr></blockquote>
Not (Spoiler: "Insert spoiler here")

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]</p>

Yorick 11-19-2001 10:06 AM

I like Haer'Dalis. Good character IMO.

Mack_Attack 11-19-2001 10:19 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Tarox, you just posted a ToB spoiler( and a big one too) in the SoA Forum. Kindly please edit it so that it either has the spoiler tag, remove the name, or delete it.

PS: Spoiler tag =

Not (Spoiler: "Insert spoiler here")

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
<hr></blockquote>

I kind of thought that was commen knowledge. I have seen this on the board before with no tags. And I hardly think it is a big one. ;)

Dundee Slaytern 11-19-2001 11:21 PM

ToB Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Most of us may already know about what goes on in ToB, but there are still newbies who haven't got ToB yet and there has been no mention of him either on the box.

Now Demogorgan, you can talk about him all you like, because his picture and name is already pasted on the box and the back of the CD cover. Sarevok on the other hand, was a surprise.

Galadria 11-20-2001 07:30 AM

Can't stand Bards, or Haer'Dalis especially. I'd like to see the spoiler, (properly tagged, of course) of what nastyness he does in TOB

Mack_Attack 11-20-2001 01:01 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
ToB Spoiler
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Most of us may already know about what goes on in ToB, but there are still newbies who haven't got ToB yet and there has been no mention of him either on the box.

Now Demogorgan, you can talk about him all you like, because his picture and name is already pasted on the box and the back of the CD cover. Sarevok on the other hand, was a surprise.
<hr></blockquote>

Point taken. [img]smile.gif[/img]