Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   All stressed out and don't even know it? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83056)

Chewbacca 12-02-2002 06:49 PM

Well, I had a scary night of chest pains and shallow breathe last night, so I went to the doctor today and got hooked up to some machines and guess what? I'm stressed out! My wildest thought was I was going to have one of those "only 29 years old and dies of a heart attack" scenarios.

I didn't even consider I was stressed, I mean, sure life is busy. It's the holiday season and the store I run will do 40% of it's business in the next 4 weeks. I fired an assistant manager on the week of black friday and I am always at work, but I love my job. I had no clue it was stressing me out til I went to the doctor today. What a wierd day!

Plus the doc put on a prescript so now I am on some nice happy-pills to help me de-stress! woo-hooo! [img]graemlins/bonghit.gif[/img]

So the moral of the story is:

Relax...
You can be stressed out and NOT EVEN KNOW IT!
[img]smile.gif[/img]

/)eathKiller 12-02-2002 07:06 PM

look out now! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Stress isn't something any of us should let get the best of us... I think it's pretty much our only enemy...

LordKathen 12-02-2002 07:11 PM

EFFEXOR was prescribed to me. Its pretty good stuff. Good luck with your meds.

Ronn_Bman 12-02-2002 08:03 PM

Glad your feeling better Chewie! :D

Sir Goulum 12-02-2002 08:09 PM

Drugs always good! :D :D :D

But anyways....

relaxings always good. I make it a part of my day. Every day! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

antryg 12-03-2002 12:05 AM

While in grad school I had a class of about 80 people where they gave us a stress test. I had about 100 questions and based on your answers a numerical value was given for each question. At the end of the test you added up the numbers and that would give you a range for your stress.

I thought I was pretty normal with a value of 247 until I found out that most people had levels under 50 and the next closest person to me was 120. When the psychiatrist that was administering/revueing the technique heard what my level was he ended the session with the class and started one with me. :D
Sometimes you just don't know how much stress you're having.

9_1_6 12-03-2002 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by antryg:
While in grad school I had a class of about 80 people where they gave us a stress test. I had about 100 questions and based on your answers a numerical value was given for each question. At the end of the test you added up the numbers and that would give you a range for your stress.

I thought I was pretty normal with a value of 247 until I found out that most people had levels under 50 and the next closest person to me was 120. When the psychiatrist that was administering/revueing the technique heard what my level was he ended the session with the class and started one with me. :D
Sometimes you just don't know how much stress you're having.

Wwwhhhhooaaaaa! Thas alotta stress!!!

antryg 12-03-2002 12:17 AM

It's a good thing that they installed that safety valve in the back of my head. Now I don't have to worry about blowing my top. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]