Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Religion??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83132)

Gromnir 12-15-2002 01:54 PM

What is religion going on about? I just don't see the point of religion at all, I mean, worshipping a supernatural being that may or may not exist? Why?

Ronn_Bman 12-15-2002 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gromnir:
What is religion going on about? I just don't see the point of religion at all, I mean, worshipping a supernatural being that may or may not exist? Why?
It all comes down to some people believing and others not believing.

No one can prove to you, or anyone else, that God exists, and no one can convince you, or anyone else, of his existance. Just like no one can prove to me that he doesn't exist. Belief in God is a personal decision, all believers can do is share "the word" and provide an example, the rest is between the individual and God.

In the other thread people talked about their beliefs at great length, but it all boiled down to those who didn't believe trying to prove God doesn't exist.

What exactly do you want to discuss about religion?

Why are some non-Christians so concerned with proving there is no God and debunking the beliefs of others?

I think those are more interesting questions. ;)

[ 12-15-2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Rokenn 12-15-2002 02:27 PM

Quote:

*runs screaming from yet another religion thread*

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-15-2002, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]

CrimsonKing 12-15-2002 02:44 PM

Quote:

Karl Marx said something along the lines of "Religion is the opiate of the people".

I have no idea what he's on about but it might help you.

WillowIX 12-15-2002 03:54 PM

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
No one can prove to you, or anyone else, that God exists, and no one can convince you, or anyone else, of his existance. Just like no one can prove to me that he doesn't exist. Belief in God is a personal decision, all believers can do is share "the word" and provide an example, the rest is between the individual and God.
Actually Ronn you have proved it! Since the Windows registry is the home of Satan, Satan must exist. And since Satan exists, God must exist. [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D (Yes this is a joke. I`m sure Ronn gets it but perhaps not the rest.) Now if I can only find a way to get M-A-B-U-S to become Bill Gates all will be well. :D

[ 12-15-2002, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: WillowIX ]

johnny 12-15-2002 04:08 PM

One of the things about religion you can be sure of, is that it's a never ending discussion. You can fill threads until the end of days, and there still won't be an agreement between people. :D

Ronn_Bman 12-15-2002 04:09 PM

[quote]Originally posted by WillowIX:
[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
[qb] Now if I can only find a way to get M-A-B-U-S to become Bill Gates all will be well. :D
If you write it on a black piece of paper, with a black pen, turn it upside down, hold it infront of the mirror, turn the light off, and examine it very closely you can! :D

Rokenn 12-15-2002 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by WillowIX:
Actually Ronn you have proved it! Since the Windows registry is the home of Satan, Satan must exist. And since Satan exists, God must exist. [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D (Yes this is a joke. I`m sure Ronn gets it but perhaps not the rest.) Now if I can only find a way to get M-A-B-U-S to become Bill Gates all will be well. :D
Will this work?
**** THE PROOF THAT Bill Gates IS EVIL ****

B I L L G A T E S
2 9 12 12 7 1 20 5 19 - as numbers
2 9 3 3 7 1 2 5 1 - digits added
\_____/ \_____/ \_____/ \_____/ \_/
2 6 8 7 1 - digits added

Thus, "Bill Gates" is 26871.

Subtract 1789, the year of French Revolution, a bloody farce engineered by the Illuminati. The result will be 25082.

Turn the number backwards, and add 1895 - the year Rudolph Hess was born. The number is now 29947.

Add 1912, the year Theodore Roosevelt was shot - the result is 31859.

Turn the number backwards, and add 1927 - the year Fidel Castro was born. The number is now 97740.

Turn the number backwards, and add 1954 - the year when first FORTRAN computer program was executed. The number is now 6733.

This, when read backwards, gives 3376. This is 1790 in octal, the year US patent system was established (eevil)...

Evil, QED.

Cloudbringer 12-15-2002 04:17 PM

There is another thread discussing Religion in detail, here:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=012862