Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Cromwell Bug (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16153)

mystic_jinhan 01-03-2005 03:25 PM

Hi,

wondering if anybody can help. I keep getting this error that whenever I walk into the dwarf cromwell smiths' at the Docks... he calls me a thief and attacks me! Any ideas to stop this? Have got latest patch and got error in obth Chapter 2 and 3!

Please Help

Kestrel Daystar 01-03-2005 03:31 PM

Have you ever gone into a house and taken things out of the cupboards and chests? Or robbed a shop? Sometimes it delays the reaction and it carries over into other shops.

--Kestrel--

mystic_jinhan 01-03-2005 03:33 PM

Erm... possibly though only one I can remember is pick pocketing ring of regeneration from adventurers mart. But it seems to only do this at Cromwells. Everywhere else such as Adventurers Mart, etc. all work fine.

Kestrel Daystar 01-03-2005 03:38 PM

Well, it may be that. It has happened to me when I did something similar. However there wasnt much I could do about it. I just could never go into that shop again.

However it might just be a bug that can be ironed out. Dont give up hope just yet.

--Kestrel--

mystic_jinhan 01-03-2005 03:43 PM

If it was anywhere else I'ld ignore it but I have alot of stuff I need Cromwell to make for me, such as Red Dragon Armour, Gesen Bow, Equalizer, etc. I can talk to him when "hiding in shadows" if I only send a thief in! maybe its the only way around it!

Q'alooaith 01-03-2005 04:04 PM

Backup all your auto and quicksaves, then start a new game and go to cromwell as soon as your able..

If he act's the same way you've got a real problem on your hands..

Are you sure you've not been in his shop before?

and another quick question did you use any of the tables/chests/ect in his store to hold items while you got the rest of the parts, because as soon as you put anything down into one of "their" containers they instantly think it's theirs.. So that "might" be your problem..

Oh one last thing..

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] Welcome to the forums [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

mystic_jinhan 02-26-2005 07:40 AM

Hi, Soz, been busy with work so not been back for a while. In response to your reply, I tried a new game and he didnt act funny with me... wondering if anyone knows if there is anyway to "spawn" him! I'm very tempted to kill him and try to spawn him again to see if maybe that might help.... long shot but running out of options!

crymson77 02-28-2005 03:27 AM

maybe you could try going back in with out your thief...

Brainless One 02-28-2005 07:48 PM

I've had shopowners do that to me, and it was easy to solve. Just send a lone cloaked thief (or anyone else invisible) up, and talk to him. Once you talk to him about something, he will forget that he was angry with you. If he stays angry, then just CLUA him in outside the shop, because then he is having trouble understanding if some chest in his store is open or closed.
-Brainless One

BlackPeter 03-08-2005 02:29 PM

spawn him lmao. Amnish Soldier is his placeholer. that would kick ass though if you could farm ring of gaxx. /sigh