Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Feat placement of 1st round character's (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35432)

ocelot 05-18-2003 09:01 PM

I know that so many choice's exist but doe's anyone have experience in finding out which class and character receives the most in NWN?

You can receive 3 feat's to start with selecting these attributes;

Int 14
Dex 16
Str 16
Con 12</p> My first round choice for a fighter would be
Point blank shot
Rapid shot
And Lightning reflex.

Nanobyte 05-18-2003 11:27 PM

I'm stabbing in the dark here, but I'd say a human fighter, wizard, or rogue. Humans, for one, get an extra feat at first level, and I believe fighters and wizards receive the most feats. Rogues, on the other hand, receive the most skill points out of all the other classes. Special abilities are in there somewhere, but I'm pretty sure they're evenly distributed among all classes pretty evenly.

That's what I'm guessing, at least.

SpiritWarrior 05-19-2003 02:31 AM

Yah, it be them there Human Fighters ;)

ecarletti 05-19-2003 09:01 AM

With D&D 3E, human get a bonus feat at 1st level.
The fighter is the class with the most feats :
one at first level, then one at each even level
(2, 4, 6, 8, 10, ...)
So a human fighter at fist level will have 3 feats.

Chewbacca 05-19-2003 11:47 AM

Power attack and cleave are two favorite picks for a new fighter tank.

The typical lack of heavy armor at lower levels makes dodge useful as well, but as I recall wearing heavy armor negates this advantage.

I love Cleave! Nothing like the thrill of vanquishing a foe to inspire you to take a swing at the next one!

Power attack has it's limits as well, but makes short work of chests and like items.

Nerull 05-19-2003 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Power attack and cleave are two favorite picks for a new fighter tank.

The typical lack of heavy armor at lower levels makes dodge useful as well, but as I recall wearing heavy armor negates this advantage.

I love Cleave! Nothing like the thrill of vanquishing a foe to inspire you to take a swing at the next one!

Power attack has it's limits as well, but makes short work of chests and like items.

Definitely Human Fighter has the most feats, and definitely Human Thief has the most skill points.

For human fighters, considering that missile weapons stink in the OC, is best served by taking Power Attack (so that he can take Cleave), Cleave (awesome feat), and Weapon Focus (so that you can get a earlier magical version of your weapon of choice).

This assumes you are using either a simple or martial weapon. Throw in exotic weapons, and you should lose Weapon Focus to get the Exotic Weapon Proficiency. If it is a dual-weapon, then you need to use all of your slots to use it effectively (Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting). Using two weapons (one in each hand) uses up two slots (Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting) leaving a third (say Weapon Focus or Power Attack).

Confusing I know!

Nanobyte 05-19-2003 11:22 PM

Regardless, playing a character that's fun over one that's easy is what I'd prefer. If you ever have time, try out a wizard/cleric. They've got to be one of the funnest multiclasses to play (they've actually made a PnP prestige class that can cast both arcane and divine spells, but I can't remember the name of it).

offshore33 05-27-2003 05:02 PM

I'm at work, so I can't confirm this, but what about classes like the Monk who automatically receive certain feats just for attaining a certain level? Off the top of my head they get Improved Unarmed Strike, Cleave, Knockdown, Improved Knockdown, Deflect Arrows, and Stunning Fist all for free over the course of a character (those listed I know are all gained before 10th level.) These are all in addition to the feats you choose for yourself at level up.

Nanobyte 05-27-2003 07:25 PM

Those are special abilities, and all classes receive those.