Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, June 17, 2003 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86647)

Cloudbringer 06-17-2003 11:10 PM

the original thread is here:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=001902&p= ]

the previous thread is here:

<H2><font color="plum">Cloudy's Cafe</font></H2>

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

<H3>this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone</H3>

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

<font color="pink">The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.</font>

Cloudbringer 06-17-2003 11:11 PM

<H1><font color="plum"> PLEASE NOTE </font></H1>

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours. ;) :D

Cloudbringer 06-17-2003 11:12 PM

Just a quick HOWDY as I start a new Cafe. Am still having back trouble :( so I may only peek in a bit tomorrow.

TheGrandSlayer 06-17-2003 11:35 PM

First after-Cloudy post!Hope you back gets better Cloudy

Stormymystic 06-17-2003 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Just a quick HOWDY as I start a new Cafe. Am still having back trouble :( so I may only peek in a bit tomorrow.
do they have you on muscle relaxers? it sounds like you might need them, but anyways get better soon, you need to take control of the clouds again, we are having flooding in places that never flood [img]tongue.gif[/img]

canadianvixen 06-18-2003 12:46 AM

<font color = aqua> Sorry to hear your not 100% Cloudy. Rest and get well soon, no one makes coffee quite the way you do. ;) </font>

Glorfindel 06-18-2003 04:48 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> Gee ive only just noticed that cloudy puts multiple posts at the top of the page [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... I wanna start some cafes [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Tomorrow's my birthday... and im gonna start driving.... well legally anyway... :D [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] :D </font>

Zero Alpha 06-18-2003 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Glorfindel:
<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> Gee ive only just noticed that cloudy puts multiple posts at the top of the page [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... I wanna start some cafes [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Tomorrow's my birthday... and im gonna start driving.... well legally anyway... :D [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] </font>

YAY driving is great fun. but if you wernt old enouth, then how come you were driving? :D i dont think either of my pairants would have been pleased with me driving underage [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

then again ive ALWAYS been good at driving my pairants up the wall :D

[ 06-18-2003, 04:57 AM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]

Kakero 06-18-2003 05:53 AM

woooo..a new cafe. How nice. :D

mmmmm...I can smell the pizza that I just bought. I feel hungry already. wanna join me? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Luvian 06-18-2003 06:58 AM

Hi all! I woke up early this morning (6 am) because I'm going to *gasp* work! [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

Yes, yes, I know it not like me, but it's about time to get a new computer.

I'm starting to enjoy eating peanut butter and molasses. It make a good mix. I usually wake up between noon and 5 pm, so I rarely get to eat a breakfast.

It's time to leave, bye!

wellard 06-18-2003 07:00 AM

Hey thanks for the pizza Kakero [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] I'll just warm it up in the [img]graemlins/microwave.gif[/img] ...I love that pic [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

How is everyone today? Cloudette please get better

Attalus 06-18-2003 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Glorfindel:
<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> Gee ive only just noticed that cloudy puts multiple posts at the top of the page [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... I wanna start some cafes
</font>

The other "Cafes" that have tried to spring up haven't done so well, now have they? [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] Good morning, all. A nice unseasonably cool morning here in Texas.

antryg 06-18-2003 10:47 AM

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] A good day to one and all. Today makes 3 days in a row without one of the greenhouse roofs being blown off by the wind and it hasn't rained for 16 hours. I'm just going to enjoy the lovely weather while we have it.
I hope you start feeling better Cloudy. Maybe you'll listen to Nacht and not try anything streneous or that requires any bending or stretching for a while. My wife put her back out and was in bed for a week just by bending over to turn off a faucet. Let your little snoogums papmer you for a while.

Cristian 06-18-2003 10:55 AM

Hi all its nice weather here today i have only been out a little while tough [img]tongue.gif[/img] so how is everyone? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Callum Kerr 06-18-2003 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Glorfindel:
<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet MS"> Gee ive only just noticed that cloudy puts multiple posts at the top of the page [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... I wanna start some cafes
</font>

The other "Cafes" that have tried to spring up haven't done so well, now have they? [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] Good morning, all. A nice unseasonably cool morning here in Texas. </font>[/QUOTE]I can testify to that... my tavern didn't stand a chance...
Which reminds me... are Nessy and Jerome still around?

TheGrandSlayer 06-18-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Cristian:
Hi all its nice weather here today i have only been out a little while tough [img]tongue.gif[/img] so how is everyone? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Weather is crap here and I just got rubber bands on my braces...
This is what I'm gonna do to my orthadontist http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/no...ing_smiley.gif

Night Stalker 06-18-2003 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
I can testify to that... my tavern didn't stand a chance...
Which reminds me... are Nessy and Jerome still around?

Yes, the little Spamlettes still frequent here as available.

Timber Loftis 06-18-2003 12:34 PM

Howdy, all. Hope your day is good. Mine is not as bad as yesterday or the day before. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

SomeGuy 06-18-2003 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by canadianvixen:
<font color = aqua> Sorry to hear your not 100% Cloudy. Rest and get well soon, no one makes coffee quite the way you do. ;) </font>
<H1> !!! </H1> CV!!!??? w00t!! Tis awesome to see a you again! [img]smile.gif[/img] Where have you been CV?

Sigmar 06-18-2003 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Callum Kerr:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Attalus:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Glorfindel:
</font>

The other "Cafes" that have tried to spring up haven't done so well, now have they? [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] Good morning, all. A nice unseasonably cool morning here in Texas. </font>[/QUOTE]I can testify to that... my tavern didn't stand a chance...
</font>[/QUOTE]This reminded me of Gwahanos' hellpit :D Which in turn reminded me of the dying stages of the BGDungeon [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

johnny 06-18-2003 02:19 PM

Did i hear someone mention pizza ?

SomeGuy 06-18-2003 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
Did i hear someone mention pizza ?
Yes Johnny, it's a beer pizza. Have some. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lovisa 06-18-2003 06:10 PM

Hello everyone! Just stpping by to say good nite kinda tired, it's way over bed time now [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well see ya tomorrow! Nighty!

Attalus 06-18-2003 06:35 PM

Evewning, all. A beautiful day we had, here, and no rain yet, today. Hope everyone is well. Callum, haven't seen Jerome or Lioness in several weeks.

Stormymystic 06-18-2003 10:34 PM

hi all, I am happy, and feel like an idiot at the same time, we finally got our computer desk set up after living here 3 months...the reason it took so long?...............we thought we had lost th screws...turns out that the screws were still in their brackets the whole time :D so go ahead and laugh at me [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] sorry not saying hi or night, but we are still working on the house since we are not gonna have to move [img]smile.gif[/img] and we found a perfectly good couch sitting by the dumpsters :D and we needed one so now after cleaning it up really good we now have a couch in the living room and the futon n our bedroom so we can sleep in or own room again, been 2 months since we slept in there,lol well am off again just thought I would say hi and goodnight to everyone [img]smile.gif[/img] peace and stay safe

wellard 06-19-2003 08:50 AM

G'day everyone

How about some coffee [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] It's the good part of the shift. I do not have to crawl out of bed for the next seven mornings [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

SomeGuy 06-19-2003 09:35 AM

<H1> !!! </H1> My sister's having her baby!!! TODAY!!! They just waterbroke her and she could have the baby any minute. I wish I could be there with her and the rest of my family. I have to help with vacation bible school so...>_> Anyway... How is everyone today?

Attalus 06-19-2003 09:38 AM

SomeGuy, good luck to your sister, and may she and the baby be healthy. Thanks for the coffee, Wellard, I really need it this morning.

canadianvixen 06-19-2003 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by canadianvixen:

<H1> !!! </H1> CV!!!??? w00t!! Tis awesome to see a you again! [img]smile.gif[/img] Where have you been CV? </font>[/QUOTE]<font color = aqua> I've been uhh....... [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img] lurking. I just came out of the shadows because I heard Cloudy wasn't well..terrible news. I've also been busy with moving and working far too much. I'm finding more and more that my life is getting in the way of my gaming. I'll have to do something about that,...right after the move. *sigh* It was good to hear from you again Someguy. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] </font>

harleyquinn 06-19-2003 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by SomeGuy:
<H1> !!! </H1> My sister's having her baby!!! TODAY!!! They just waterbroke her and she could have the baby any minute. I wish I could be there with her and the rest of my family. I have to help with vacation bible school so...>_> Anyway... How is everyone today?
HEY!! Congrats Someguy on your soon to be new niece or nephew. Let us know what she has, name, weight, all the good stuff!!!

wellard 06-19-2003 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Attalus:
SomeGuy, good luck to your sister, and may she and the baby be healthy. Thanks for the coffee, Wellard, I really need it this morning.
To much whiskey or nightmares about being driven in a volvo by a teenager?

harleyquinn 06-19-2003 10:02 AM

<font color=yellow>Cloudy</font>, if you're out there, I hope you're feeling better soon. I've found for my back pain that if I take prescription muscle relaxers starting right when the pain starts, that my back pain only lasts the first day and then I'm just sore, but not in pain for the next few days. If I don't, then I'm in agony for days. Luckily, the pain only seems to come no more than once a year (but not the same time of year).

*sigh*. I think my kitty (mommy of the one in my sig) might be sick, but I'm hoping not. She just finished amoxicillan for a urinary tract infection, so I'm hoping that maybe what's going on is just a side effect of that or of the new prescription food she's been on (to keep her from getting any more infections). I have to go to the vet's tomorrow with a sample to make sure the infection's gone anyway, so I'll talk to him while I'm there.
The problem is, she's eating A LOT more than normal, but seems to be losing weight (not a lot of weight, I think, but it is noticable that she lost some, my boyfriend noticed it too). I had something similar happen to a horse I used to care for and it turned out to be a problem with his liver and he had to be put down. I really hope that's not the case with my kitty. She's been acting out a bit too. I've had a lot of heartache the last few years, and she's my baby, so, well, keep your fingers crossed that it's just a side effect of the medicine or food and it will pass. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Cristian 06-19-2003 10:46 AM

Hello everyone been away from pc a few hours playing ps2 got a lot to catch up with [img]tongue.gif[/img] so tommorrow ill be really tired be sure to have a nice warm [img]graemlins/goodmorning.gif[/img] waiting for me :D

Cloudbringer 06-19-2003 11:46 AM

Hi all! Thanks to you all for your kind words about my health and wellbeing! :D ((HEY Candadian vixen!, very good to hear from you!)

Congrats to Uncle SomeGuy and our newly legal driver, Glorfy!!!!

Antryg, yes, I'm letting my sweetie do things for me, I just hate feeling like such a taskmaster...although I'm too bad at the honey do's ;) :D

Harley! I hope your kitty's ok!!!! Let us know, ok? The weight loss isn't good if it's alot or prolonged, but again, maybe it's the new food, although if I recall correctly one version of the prescription food (the 'CD' stuff) made mine gain weight! Have the vet check her out soon if you're worried. He/she will probably do some bloodwork, since it could be glandular or even diabetes (I had that happen with a kitty many years ago). But I'm hoping it's nothing serious!!!! Give your little fuzzball a smooch on the head for me!

Gotta go, my back is not happy sitting here for long.

Attalus 06-19-2003 02:35 PM

Good afternoon, all. Wellard, it was neither, just being awakened far too early to take care of the DOGS! The little, annoying one was barking, apparently at nothing. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]

mysticelt 06-19-2003 02:44 PM

That is what "back up" dogs do! You have relegated the poor thing to "back Up" ! Give it a real job and it won't take the barking so seriously (only half kidding! http://www.armbcr.org/smiley/siamesekitten.gif

Cristian 06-19-2003 04:13 PM

*YAWN* bye bye all Mr Zabala is going to bed [img]smile.gif[/img]

Attalus 06-19-2003 07:01 PM

Mysti, what do you mean by "Back-Up Dog"??? Her job is to play with Will and not mess up the floor. That is her function, along with looking pitiful.

Kaltia 06-19-2003 07:03 PM

Good night, everybody. I've been up with a godawful fr/lotr crossover bad enough to scar me. Ick.

slicer15 06-19-2003 07:15 PM

Good evening all...well here it is anyway. Finished my exams! Wahoo! I'll be around IW far more often now! Was caught up in revision and exams. I think bed is soon to be in order as well...already stayed up till 3am last night...ugh...