Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Memnoch - Signature question for you. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74663)

canadianvixen 04-28-2002 08:21 PM

Memnoch, my signature works in all the forums except for IWD where I post the most often. Do you know why this would be?

Thanks,
Vixen

Memnoch 04-28-2002 11:32 PM

Hi Vixen,

In some cases your sig is being called from a Gamebanshee URL and in other cases from a Geocities URL. Geocities don't let you call gifs from their site anymore (uses up their bandwidth supposedly).

My suggestion to you would be to let US host your sig - just send the picture in to either myself or Ziroc and we'll host it for you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Glorfindel 04-29-2002 01:53 AM

<font color="lawngreen" face="trebuchet ms"> Talking of sigs and Memnoch... how did ya get the Genie anyway??</font>

JR Jansen 04-29-2002 01:57 AM

Talking about sig pics. Memnoch, i had one in my sig and it just vanisched a couple months ago. I did post about it and send a pm to Saz but got no response on both cases. It was a pic hosted at the Ironworks and it wasn't bigger as Vixen's. Seeing as i didn't got any responses, i just let it slide but if i would still like to know how and why it happened.

Iluvatar Oakenshield 04-29-2002 07:07 PM

while we're at it, is there a website that let's you store you're own pics so you'll be able to link the pic to your sig yourself? I mean the same way like hosting on Ironworks, but in this case hosting them yourself.

canadianvixen 04-30-2002 01:17 AM

Sorry Memnoch,

It looks like I opened a can of worms. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Do I just e-mail you the pic?

Thanks
Vixen

PS
Today it seems to be working fine today, but it's very tempermental. Who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Glorfindel 04-30-2002 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by canadianvixen:
Sorry Memnoch,

It looks like I opened a can of worms. [img]smile.gif[/img]

and let out a butterfly [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] j/k

and Iluvatar: Just go to site that allows hosting and sign up with it... ask Lennon for some sites he knows some [img]smile.gif[/img] Om sure someone here would know some as well... I think www.ranchoweb.com does :D

Serykar 04-30-2002 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Iluvatar Oakenshield:
while we're at it, is there a website that let's you store you're own pics so you'll be able to link the pic to your sig yourself? I mean the same way like hosting on Ironworks, but in this case hosting them yourself.
villagephotos.com has been working for me so far.

canadianvixen 05-03-2002 11:49 AM

Memnoch,

Do I just e-mail you a copy of the jpeg then?