Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ites for solo sorcerer (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5599)

Elendil 01-29-2002 02:07 PM

Well I'm going to play BG2 trough with sorcerer. I played with it few moments and I love it already, it is just POWERFULL. What items should I equip?

Sorcerer Alex 01-29-2002 02:13 PM

These are among the most powerful items available for mages (slight spoilers):

- Staff of Rhynn +4 (Adventurer's Mart)
- Robe of Vecna (Deidre in Adventuter's Mart)
- Bracers of Defense AC 3 (Adventurer's Mart)
- Ring of Protection +2 (Shadow thief quests)

J'aran 01-29-2002 02:13 PM

Well, for starters, the Staff of the Magi and the Robe of Vecna are a must. For meleeing (unavoidable, even for a Sorceror) you need one of the Girdles of Giant Strength. The highest one you can put your hands on of course. If you're not fighting, the Belt of Inertial Barrier is very handy. Boots of Speed are good, the Ring of Gaxx...

There are probably some others, but this is what I could think of so far.

Big Red 01-29-2002 02:23 PM

Cloak of the Sewers is very useful once a day [img]smile.gif[/img]

QFLASH 01-29-2002 02:47 PM

i personally love to equip any magic user w/ the rings of Wizardry! more spells to cast!!!

J'aran 01-29-2002 02:50 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by QFLASH:
i personally love to equip any magic user w/ the rings of Wizardry! more spells to cast!!!<hr></blockquote>

Do they also work for Sorcerors?

QFLASH 01-29-2002 02:54 PM

oh shoot thats right, Sorcerors have inate magical powers, wizards learn them!!!

Nifft the Nimble 01-29-2002 04:53 PM

Rings of Wizardry (and Alacrity) do indeed work for Sorcerers. You won't get to memorize more spells, but you will get to *cast* more spells.

-- Nifft

Dundee Slaytern 01-30-2002 01:12 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nifft the Nimble:
Rings of Wizardry (and Alacrity) do indeed work for Sorcerers. You won't get to memorize more spells, but you will get to *cast* more spells.
-- Nifft
<hr></blockquote>

More! MORE! MORE!

MuhWahHAHAHAHA!!!! MORE POWER!!!!

*cough* *cough*

Anyway... ...

Armour: Robe of Vecna
Helmet: Pale Green Ioun Stone( upgrade to Nethril(sp?) Circlet in ToB)
Gloves: Bracers of Defence 3
Amulet: Amulet of Power

Rings: Ring of Acuity, Ring of Wizardry.

Belt: Belt of Inertial Barrier
Boots: Boots of Speed
Cloak: Cloak of Protection +2

Weapons: Staff of Magi +5, Sling of Everand

Other equipment to keep in your Bag of Holding:

Girdle of ~~ Giant Strength, Cloak of Mirroring, Ring of Gaxx, Ring of Free Action, Cloak of Reflection, Staff of Rynn( upgrade to Staff of the Ram +6 in ToB), normal Quarterstaff.

These are the equipment that I used to solo my Sorcerer with. Cloak of Reflection is for a certain shocking room in ToB. ;) I went for more firepower, so I chose Ring of Acuity over Ring of Gaxx. If you like, you can also check out my personal spell list for my Sorcerers. The link is in my signature.

Elendil 01-30-2002 08:35 AM

Where do I find those rings? I mean Wizardy and Acuity rings.