Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The Latest Poll (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96603)

Arvon 08-30-2006 07:19 PM

Latest Kinky Friedman (Texas Governor hopeful) telephone poll results on
whether or not people in Texas think illegal immigration is a serious
problem:

41%: "Yes, it is a serious problem."
59%: "No hablo ingles."

Olorin 08-30-2006 07:36 PM

That's a good one. [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

ZFR 08-30-2006 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Arvon:
Latest Kinky Friedman (Texas Governor hopeful) telephone poll results on
whether or not people in Texas think illegal immigration is a serious
problem:
41%: "Yes, it is a serious problem."
59%: "No hablo ingles." <font color=#564006 size=0.1>zfr: yes I know it's a joke.</font>

Man, first of all can you give a link to where you got this from? Where was the poll published in the first place. I tried looking for it but couldn't find anything.

Second, this is just plain stupid. No serious institution conducts polls this way. It is a simple question with a YES or NO answer. And if you do come across someone who doesn't speak the languge you get it translated somehow. You most certainly don't include his "I don't speak English" as a valid poll answer.

Third, I really doubt the results are genuine. Even assuming all mexicans immigrants in texas do not understand english, there wouldn't be 59% of them. Obviously somebody tapered with the results, or selectively chose which people to call.

Fourth, link. Link! did I mention you should post a link to where you got this from? I really want to know who conducted this BS.

Captain Obvious 08-30-2006 08:42 PM

umm, i must be totally missing something here.

the whole thing is a joke, right Arvon? if so, hehe and maybe ZFR is missing it, if not, good post ZFR!

Arvon 08-30-2006 09:04 PM

Yes it's an e-mail joke...

Kakero 08-30-2006 09:58 PM

I thought people would have known what type of posts Arvon have been posting by now. :rolleyes:

Felix The Assassin 08-30-2006 10:08 PM

<font color=8fbc8f>Urhm, what do you get when a liberal overhears a conservative joke?

^^ </font>

Arvon 08-30-2006 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
<font color=8fbc8f>Urhm, what do you get when a liberal overhears a conservative joke?

^^ </font>

DOH!

Illumina Drathiran'ar 08-30-2006 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:

^^ </font>

A hearty chuckle, in my case [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Iron Greasel 08-31-2006 07:13 AM

Finland took care of its immigrant problem by stabbing them all while drunk. You should try that too.