Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Has this ever been considered? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92422)

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-04-2004 07:08 PM

While posting in a topic I just suddenly came across an idea, and was wondering if it has ever been considered.

How about an mIRC IW chatroom? It would be good for building up relationships with other IWers, it would be good to use for general talk, and it gives members the ability to have a instant chat with each other, through instant pms.

I know there was a chatroom on here befor, and that it was taken down due to abuse, but I'm sure the IRC room could be moderated, and people could easily be kicked for causing trouble, which I'm sure wouldn't happen.

So, mods, Anyone else; What do you think?

Callum 12-04-2004 07:12 PM

That's a good idea. TSR has one which is mainly empty, but this forum probably has enough members to make it interesting.

15000 should enough eh? ;)

Jorath Calar 12-04-2004 07:14 PM

Ziroc once had a chatroom here, I don't recall what happened to it, guess it got mugged by trolls and spammers.

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-04-2004 07:27 PM

I also know of other forums who have one, and it is very succesful, with a few mods you can have many great discussions. It is also nice to keep a log of events, which I do. These can also be useful for solving any disputes needed.

Vaskez 12-04-2004 07:49 PM

Oh no, Ross is one of those annoying people that comes up with "but on April 5th 2002, you said..." [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D

Jaradu 12-04-2004 08:00 PM

#ironworks @ irc.quakenet.org ... w00t! :D

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-04-2004 08:04 PM

mIRC IW??

See, this is something I've talked about at the Wizardry 8 forum before. Please cater to the people who don't know what all these abbriviations are and just spell it out. Thanks

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-04-2004 08:11 PM

Vask, no not quite. Although it is nice to keep facts etc. And also it is good to piss people off with if they say crap [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

mIRC=Internet Relay Chat
IW=Ironworks

That ok for you?

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 12-04-2004 08:46 PM

No, I still still don't know what that means.. that ok for you!?

Spirits forever 12-04-2004 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
No, I still still don't know what that means.. that ok for you!?
okay..

Mirc= an irc client, one of the most popular ones out there.
Irc= Internet relay chat. just means that many ppl can chat at the same time and is like a chat room, just in a different way. and Ross ..,this is a great idea!

IW= Ironworks (if you don't know what this is..you really shouldn't be here... [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

good? Good.

wait jaradu did you make the channel already?