Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Grrrr Duel class stronghold... Fighter/Mage (spoiler) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48313)

xcom 11-19-2000 12:08 AM

well in the first place how the hell can u open the planar sphere without valygar's body with you? unless you use clua cheat and jump to that location. valygar is important in planar spere quest if you want to get the stronghold, after you got it you can kick him anyway and let him wait to rot in the sphere . And actually you can own the fighter and mage stronghold at the same time without cheat but you have to get the mage stronhold first before the palace. just dont accept to rule the keep while u have not yet gotten the sphere. i hope it helps

Quillum 11-19-2000 10:17 AM

Mage Stronghold ?
I read in this forum that when you Clear out the sphere you get it offered from the Dying Necro. ?
So with that in mind I cleared it out. But he just died with the words I wish...... well so do I.
I am Duel class Fighter / Mage leveling in Mage of course.

I didn't bring the fool Val something with me into the sphere only made him open it. Is that the reason?
or have I just misunderstood everything about the Mage Stronghold ?

Thanks,

Quillum The Cold Bitch.

Suul-Yinn 11-19-2000 04:56 PM

Are you sure xcom as I thought you could only have one, even as a multi or dual class? Can you have any other combos, because I turned down the Thieves Guild to get the Planar sphere?

Quillum, did you take the mage outside so he could see the sun? This gets you lots of experience and may trigger the stronghold. You also need to talk to the Knights of Solamnia(?) to get the first quest on the way to owning the sphere.

LilKid 11-21-2000 06:23 AM

You can't have two strongholds as a dual or multiclass, at least normally. You can reset the flag for the stronghold, I think it's SetGlobal("PlayerHasStronghold", "GLOBAL", 0) in the CLUA console... I forget though. And the Knights of Solamnia quest isn't triggered unless you're a mage, I think...
There is a way, I believe, to trick the game into giving you two strongholds without using the console but I don't remember how to do it. And by the way, two strongholds (mage/thief) was a lot of upkeep for me... like ever 3 days I'd have to go to Athkatla to get my money, potions, or pay the quartermaster

Memnoch 11-21-2000 06:43 AM

The only strongholds you can dual in are the Keep and the Sphere, via a loophole. You decline Nalia's original offer for the keep, then get the sphere, then get the keep back (not sure how you do this though). All others you can't dual unless you cheat.

gunner 11-21-2000 07:00 PM

i beg to differ Memnoch
i got both the thief guide and the keep and i havn't yet used a cheat code. i have used shadowkeeper to modify the kit, race and proficiences(lost my fighter ones for some reason). i did the thief quest first then the keep. i finished the thief quest when my fighter class was inactive and the keep when it was active, so this might have something to do with it.

Armisael 11-21-2000 11:24 PM

i got both the thief guide and the keep and i havn't yet used a cheat code. i have used shadowkeeper
(shrugs)

gunner 11-21-2000 11:52 PM

point taken Armisael

what i meant was, i had not used a cheat code while in the game, ie modifing the baldur.ini file and using the chat thing.
what i did in shadowkeeper would not have affected the reason why i got two strongholds. i think it has to do with active classes. i wasn't meaning to sound like someone high and mighty who never does anything wrong, everyone to his own.

Armisael 11-22-2000 12:15 AM

Ah, this would be editing your stats? No, that wouldn't affect it. I think (though I'm not certain) that dual-classes can get more than one strongholds, if they get their first stronghold while their primary class is inactive.

Armisael 11-22-2000 12:16 AM

Sorry, meant editing your proficiencies as you described in another post somewhere around here. I think that last message came off the wrong way. : )