Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Need Help Selecting Characters (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48170)

kupolu 11-13-2000 02:46 PM

Ok, heres my current party:

Tazroth, Sorcerer (me)
Minsc
Yoshimo
Jaheira
Anomen
Aerie

I really have no idea what to do. My main character (Tazroth) is really buff and cool, Minsc is cool, but Yoshimo seems kind of worthless. Jaheira is a decent cleric/fighter, but not worth a slot, IMO. Anomen seems like an awesome cleric, a decent figher too. Aerie is decent, but multi-class' suck. I just finished freeing all the slaves, and I'm about to go down into the sewers with that secret passageway. Any suggestions for what characters I should use? I'm open right now...

PsYgNeT 11-13-2000 02:53 PM

Don't worry about Yoshimo he is a traitor!
Aerie is REALLY good !! she have A LOT of spell and a sling +3 with bullet+2

Zenith 11-13-2000 03:38 PM

right there in copper coronet is nalia, who's a descent dual-class mage/thief and another whole quest. yoshi can at least detect traps for you (you'll need someone for that) now that jaheira has harper's call she's worth more than in bg. another thief is jan jansen in the government district. with a 9 con, i found aerie to be a pain cuz she just can't go as long as others before needing rest...

Zenith 11-13-2000 03:40 PM

forgot to mention keldorn the paladin in the sewers beneath the temple district

kupolu 11-13-2000 04:05 PM

Ok, cool, I'm looking for Keldoran in the sewers now. Also, I didn't think I'd need Nalia when I met her, so I got the quest but just said to meet her at the place. Will I be able to get her later on?

Zenith 11-13-2000 05:34 PM

i'm not sure, but i don't see why not since if you kick her out of your party later, she goes back to the copper coronet to wait for you to change her mind.

kupolu 11-13-2000 05:40 PM

Ok, I've been looking through the sewers for the past hour, (took me hella long time to kill that one group that wanted 1000 gp, but I did it), and Keldoran is no where to be seen?! This is in the temple district... Any help?

Zenith 11-13-2000 05:46 PM

it might be early in the game to meet him, or maybe you need to go the the temple of helm (or the knight's headquarters) where they tell you about him. after that he's in the northeast by the entrance to the tunnels....

Suul-Yinn 11-13-2000 06:13 PM

SLIGHT SPOILER
Nalia waits for you by her hold in the SW corner to complete her quest and yes you can get her to join. If your character is evil, Viconia can be found in the Government District being burned at the stake. Free her by clicking on the stake quickly and she will join, but you lose 2 Rep. She is an excellent cleric with very high magic resistance as she is a drow, plus she may fall in love with you if you have a male character. Even if you are Good she will stay with you at REP 20, if she loves you. As for a thief try Jan, again in the government district as he is better and more fun than Yoshi.

Armisael 11-13-2000 07:10 PM

Minsc is a great fighter; almost as good as Korgan.
Anomen sucks. Every time I make the mistake of taking him in my party, he never hits anything, and his AC is so low he gets the crap beaten out of him every time he goes into battle. He sucks at fightinRE:Need Help Selecting Characters