Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Euro 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90297)

johnny 06-13-2004 06:28 PM

Well, i don't believe in god, so there. :D

And yeah, France spent most of the time on the English side of the field, but they couldn't create one single scoring opportunity, that's what i meant with poor offensive performance. If you have so many individual superior players, yet you still can't create scoringopportunities, there's some serious food for thought for the remainder of the tournament.

[ 06-13-2004, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]

Vaskez 06-13-2004 06:43 PM

I can't believe that result. Stupid James shouldn't have dived at Henry's legs. The ball was going out anyway. You guys can't imagine the disappointment around me here. Luckily I don't care too much as Hungary isn't in it anyway [img]tongue.gif[/img] But I feel for the English - it is after all my second home.

However, I do object to you fools calling Zidane God - great footballer yes, but he's just a guy. God is by definition above all that is human so can you guys piss off with that xxx is God crap? Ok? It pisses me off.

Masklinn 06-13-2004 06:45 PM

I blame Campbell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
This game was tough (and we all expected that). The others might be smoother.

France - Netherlands for final ? :D

johnny 06-13-2004 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Masklinn:
I blame Campbell. [img]smile.gif[/img]
This game was tough (and we all expected that). The others might be smoother.

France - Netherlands for final ? :D

That would be great, but i don't think we'll make it that far. We'll selfdestruct by all kinds of internal squablings sooner or later, possibly in the first round already. If we manage to beat the Germans, we'll probably be in the next round, beating them always gives an enormous boost. :D

Jorath Calar 06-13-2004 09:41 PM

Heh, I watched the first half, went out, pretty sure England would win... came home just now, checked this thread... and damn, looks like I missed a hell of a second half ... [img]smile.gif[/img]

wellard 06-13-2004 11:04 PM

They are not showing any of the matches down here in OZ on TV :( I could not find any radio stations with the game. oh well [img]graemlins/noevil.gif[/img]

Kakero 06-14-2004 12:23 AM

Holland for final? hmm..you must ask a lot from Ruud then ehh ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL at Vaskex, Shall I say Zidane is god , Zidane is god, Zidane is god, Zidane is god , Zidane is god , Zidane is god. Well, His status last until the next match anyway. So try not to eat to much chili, it'll burn your mouth. which make you look like more of a fool.

GokuZool 06-14-2004 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
They are not showing any of the matches down here in OZ on TV :( I could not find any radio stations with the game. oh well [img]graemlins/noevil.gif[/img]
I think SBS Radio is providing some coverage of Euro 2004, so check that out.

-----

Watched the replay of France and England just then! :eek:

Talk about madness. Two goals in extra time! *speechless*

-----

I agree with Vaskez - Zidane might be a good player but he's no god.

+ http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlin...299457&cc=3436

uss 06-14-2004 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
However, I do object to you fools calling Zidane God - great footballer yes, but he's just a guy. God is by definition above all that is human so can you guys piss off with that xxx is God crap? Ok? It pisses me off.
Okay.

Maybe he's a Godspawn? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Maybe not. Anyway, I sure hope that France will get to the Finals. Since neither Estonia nor Japan participate, I'm with France regardless whether they do well or not. :D

Vaskez 06-14-2004 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kakero:
Holland for final? hmm..you must ask a lot from Ruud then ehh ? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

LOL at Vaskex, Shall I say Zidane is god , Zidane is god, Zidane is god, Zidane is god , Zidane is god , Zidane is god. Well, His status last until the next match anyway. So try not to eat to much chili, it'll burn your mouth. which make you look like more of a fool.

Hmmm I look like a fool? You're the fool if you can't even understand what I'm saying. In fact you're so immature and naive about the world that I actually feel sorry for you this time. Though most of the time I just laugh at the stupidity of your posts [img]tongue.gif[/img]