Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Euro 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90297)

wellard 06-24-2004 12:19 AM

And here was me thinking Germany would be one of the strongest teams.. LOL

No more predictions from me :D

Germany, Italy, Spain out and almost France! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Anyone can win it now.

wellard 06-24-2004 12:24 AM

Portugal (probable): Ricardo, Miguel, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Carvalho, Nuno Valente, Costinha, Maniche, Luis Figo, Deco, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes.

England (probable): James, G Neville, A Cole, Terry, Campbell; Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Scholes; Rooney, Owen.

Portugal and England have met each other once at the European Championship. In 2000, Portugal came back from 2-0 behind to beat England 3-2.
On 12 June 2000 in the Philips Stadium in Eindhoven, England led 2-0 after 18 minutes through goals from Paul Scholes and Steve McManaman. Portugal cancalled those out by half time through Luis Figo and Joćo Pinto. They then went on to win the game courtesy of a Nuno Gomes goal.

Donut 06-24-2004 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
I don't see why England couldn't win it, they look pretty solid so far. And besides, they no longer have Seaman in the goal, that's a leap forward. :D
Take no notice of Memnoch johhny! Memnoch expects us to say another team when we are asked "who will win Euro 2004"

I believe 84% of Australians said that Australia would win the last Rugby World Cup when polled.

Donut 06-24-2004 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Memnoch:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Vaskez:
Zarr - because England aren't rated as much as Spain to BEGIN WITH.

Except by themselves. :D

</font>[/QUOTE]And by Croatia of course.

Donut 06-24-2004 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
LOL The English are getting a little carried away now. According to Ericsson and Beckham, Rooney is the greatest talent since Pele.
Their words were twisted by the press. What Sven said was "no young player has had such an impact on a tournament since Pele in 1958"

That's not the same as saying he is as good. But at the same time it doesn't make a headline!

johnny 06-24-2004 05:31 AM

Ah, okay then. He's definitely one of the better players so far, but i didn't quite know in what category you could place him. He doesn't have the flair of players like Henry or Bergkamp, nor the technical skills of a Maradona, or a Cruyff. In a way he reminds me a little of Gerd Muller, except more complete. He's like a little tank, that bashes through concrete walls. :D

Bahamut 06-24-2004 08:37 AM

Well I am just rooting for the Dutch... that's all. :D Yeah!!!

wellard 06-24-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:
I don't see why England couldn't win it, they look pretty solid so far. And besides, they no longer have Seaman in the goal, that's a leap forward. :D

Take no notice of Memnoch johhny! Memnoch expects us to say another team when we are asked "who will win Euro 2004"

I believe 84% of Australians said that Australia would win the last Rugby World Cup when polled.
</font>[/QUOTE]They where thinking of Rugby (league) i'm sure. You overestimate the game of Rah Rah's popularity down under.

Back on topic... Donut, will England win? what is your prediction?

[ 06-24-2004, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

johnny 06-24-2004 09:17 AM

Donut roots for France.

Memnoch 06-24-2004 09:26 AM

Vive L'Arsenal!!! :D :D :D :D