Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Euro 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90297)

Vaskez 06-20-2004 05:02 PM

Dreamer - why do you care, you're from Holland?

dplax 06-20-2004 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
As a hungarian you shouldn't care about any matches then. :D

Vaskez 06-20-2004 06:00 PM

I care about England cos it's my second home [img]tongue.gif[/img] :D
For the other games I choose a side that I like better for some reason, obviously, and I enjoy watching good football. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I still don't get why Dreamer cares that vehemently about whether Greece or Russia won since Greece were going through anyway, as were Portugal if they won. Russia would have had to score one more for Spain to go through. So I don't see why Dreamer cares about Spain, Portugal, Russia or Greece.

Dreamer128 06-20-2004 07:13 PM

Quote:

I'm running a soccer poll with a few of my friends, and I'd counted on Russia to lose. On the bright side, they probably made the same mistake.

Memnoch 06-20-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Zarr - because England aren't rated as much as Spain to BEGIN WITH.

Except by themselves. :D

And Spain have choked again. :rolleyes: :(

Memnoch 06-20-2004 08:32 PM

Greece would've upset a few people's tipping comps... :eek:

uss 06-20-2004 09:08 PM

Portugal - Spain 1-0. I'm happy for Portugal, since my sister is a big fan of theirs, and was disappointed by the Portugal - Greece game results.

Oh, and by the way, since they're such good and close neighbours to us, and have only about twice as many people as Estonia, I'll be the first in the forum to vouch for Latvia. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] :D

johnny 06-20-2004 09:49 PM

I don't see why England couldn't win it, they look pretty solid so far. And besides, they no longer have Seaman in the goal, that's a leap forward. :D

Vaskez 06-20-2004 10:18 PM

James is a leap forward? Hmm... not too sure.

uss - just a tip: to vouch for something means to assure us of their reliability or quality. Is that really what you wanted to say about Latvia?

Memnoch - stop spamming! [img]tongue.gif[/img] you're supposed to be the mod. :D

Bah, forget Euro 2004 anyway, Hungary aren't in it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just took a look at our qualifying group for WC 2006. Aggggggggggggggggggghhhhh! Not frigging fair! :( I think we can kiss Germany 2006 goodbye even before we start the qualifying matches.

In case anyone is wondering why I say this, well we have Sweden, Croatia and Bulgaria in our group. Not fair! We should've been put in a group with France and 4 crap teams then come second :D

Bahamut 06-21-2004 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Bad news for the opposition. The Dutch have deployed their 'Dream Team'. We can't possibly lose now. Check it out for yourself at this site.
LOL :D

Is he considered the best Dutch player around now? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Am happy for Portugal! :D