Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Euro 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90297)

Xen 06-19-2004 06:28 PM

It should be like this: 2-4-3.

V.D. Saar

Heitinga Stam

Sneijder Davids Overmars De Bour

Makaay V.Nistelrooy V.der Meyde

johnny 06-19-2004 06:33 PM

What bothers me the most is that now Germany hold the best papers for advancing to round 2, one of the most boring teams imaginable. The Czechs already announced to bench their most important players since they're already qualified. Nedved won't be playing for sure, and there might be 4 or 5 other substitutions. They're practically handing Germany a free ticket to the next round here.

Anyway, there's nothing else we can do but defeat Latvia, and hope that Germany doesn't win from the Czechs. But i have lost all faith.

Xen 06-19-2004 06:36 PM

Be strong johnny. Have a glass of beer.

johnny 06-19-2004 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
Be strong johnny. Have a glass of beer.
I'm going to bed, i'm sick to my stomach from all this. Incredible how a footballmatch can influence my mood. I'll bounce back tomorrow though.

Vaskez 06-19-2004 08:32 PM

Holland could be going out :( shame as I always like to watch them play. However, if they beat Latvia (as they should) then they'll have 4 points and if the Czechs beat the Germans then Holland will go through second.

Dreamer128 06-20-2004 12:12 PM

Bad news for the opposition. The Dutch have deployed their 'Dream Team'. We can't possibly lose now. Check it out for yourself at this site.

[ 06-20-2004, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]

Vaskez 06-20-2004 12:20 PM

Haha, Dreamer, I didn't realise Davids was considered that good! :D

Memnoch 06-20-2004 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:

Typical though how much italy's play improved without that fruitcake Totti. Even the Italian people back at home are sick and tired of his behaviour on the pitch now. More than 60% said that a 3 game suspencion isn't enough.

Totti's got to be THE most overrated player in the world right now - he's worse than Del Piero in terms of how the Italian media have built him up in a desire to have an Italian as the world's best player. He's a great club player but gee he lets himself down with his stupidity on the field. :rolleyes:

On another note, Spain v Portugal tonight (today?) should be a cracker. I reckon Spain will choke...again...but can the Portuguese handle the pressure? :eek:

Vaskez 06-20-2004 12:36 PM

Yeah, Mem, do you get the matches shown live over there? I'm def. watching it, but as you say I reckon Spain might choke and Portugal might still be suffering from a lack of confidence and the knowledge that they lost in a friendly to Spain not long ago. Could either be a cracker or a very nervous match...

Bozos of Bones 06-20-2004 12:41 PM

It will be an interesting match, that's for sure. Adn as for Totti, the damn hydralisk is overrated indeed. Do you now see the power of mass media?