Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   1974 vs 2004 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92409)

Stormymystic 12-03-2004 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Q'alooaith:

just to shoot a few hole's though your sweeping generalisations.

Dude. It's a joke, don't be lame. Of course they are generalisations, of course they are not the one and only absolute truth that applies to everyone. I do not really fall in the category myself (born in 1980) yet I remember most of the things listed. So what - it's a joooooke. For laughing. Humour. Y'know? ;) </font>[/QUOTE]you tell him Mel [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]

wellard 12-03-2004 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:

I do not really fall in the category myself (born in 1980) yet I remember most of the things listed. So what - it's a joooooke. For laughing. Humour. Y'know? ;)

Strewth! Its not like you to make a typo Melusine [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]

On topic .... Some of that stuff is scary. :eek: We had two apprentices at work recently that did not know what the Iron curtain was. I felt so old [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

Azeral 12-03-2004 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
>Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.
A bottle of cider i bought the other day came with a steel cap and beer still comes with steel caps
also i have seen a list like this before i want my hundred smiles being beaten with a stick. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-03-2004, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Azeral ]

Ronn_Bman 12-03-2004 07:04 AM

[img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

The only thing worse than typing whackya one-hundred times, is typing it wrong the first one-hundred. You know what's worse than that? The fact that this site only allows 8 images per post, so both attempts at one-hundred whackya's were in vain...lol. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 12-03-2004, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Ronn_Bman 12-03-2004 07:16 AM

Now my memory returns, and I seem to remember a few who were offended by the similar post last year. :eek:

ROTFLMAO!

The fact that the above list could inspire anyone to debate the items 'point by point' is funnier than an Arvon thread. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] :D

[img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img]

[ 12-03-2004, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]

Melusine 12-03-2004 07:57 AM

Agreed, Ronn. :D

Wellard, I'm afraid your subtitles are flying over my head - or did I really make a typo (other than too many o's in joke [img]tongue.gif[/img] )? :confused:

coyote696 12-03-2004 08:15 AM

its a cute joke, I remember all the differences, and I also remember them changing the signs at mc donalds to from 90 million to 1 billion sold......lol

wellard 12-03-2004 08:20 AM

[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Just my sad attempt at being funny [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I tried to explain but youre PM box is full [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Dron_Cah 12-03-2004 09:03 AM

Actually, people not knowing of the iron curtain is really sad. DO they not take history class, even? That's pretty significant...! Oh, and just to help you towards the 100:
[img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Melusine 12-03-2004 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by wellard:
[img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] Just my sad attempt at being funny [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I tried to explain but youre PM box is full [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

Ooops. [img]redface.gif[/img]
Took care of it, thanks for the heads-up!