Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   X-Ray glasses! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=86792)

Rokenn 06-26-2003 01:10 PM

New airport scans could expose travelers
Screeners may get x-ray vision
Thursday, June 26, 2003 Posted: 11:14 AM EDT (1514 GMT)
excerpt:
Quote:

EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (AP) -- A scanner the government is testing for airport screening reveals too much more than meets the eye to be comfortable for most passengers.

-snip-

"It does basically make you look fat and naked, but you see all this stuff," Hallowell said.

Horatio 06-26-2003 01:13 PM

I know what I want for Christmas :D :D

harleyquinn 06-26-2003 01:23 PM

As if I didn't like flying enough. If this goes into use, I will stop flying all together, meaning I won't get to visit Europe anymore :(

Horatio 06-26-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by harleyquinn:
As if I didn't like flying enough. If this goes into use, I will stop flying all together, meaning I won't get to visit Europe anymore :(
If it makes you feel any better, the article says they are trying to blur out the...naughty bits ;)

I guess it is a bit too intimate. I don't want anyone searching my body for my hidden package [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Xen 06-26-2003 01:36 PM

<font color="gold">
Where can I buy it? :D
</font>

harleyquinn 06-26-2003 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Horatio:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by harleyquinn:

If it makes you feel any better, the article says they are trying to blur out the...naughty bits ;)

I guess it is a bit too intimate. I don't want anyone searching my body for my hidden package [img]tongue.gif[/img]
</font>[/QUOTE]Nope it doesn't. I think this goes over the top in invading my right to privacy. Plus, I don't care how safe they claim it is. How many other products did our gov't swear was safe only to have it turn out years later that it caused cancer or other diseases.
Now apparently I need to stay away from Xen and Horatio :D :D

Xen 06-26-2003 01:51 PM

Quote:

Now apparently I need to stay away from Xen and Horatio
<font color="gold">
Now why is that harleyquinn?
</font>

MagiK 06-26-2003 01:52 PM

<font face="COMIC Sans MS" size="3" color="#7c9bc4">
The radiation part I would worry about..as for your naughty bits being oogled...I would hope that adults could get over that (guess my nudist streak is showing) but to be sure no one sneaked an ak-47 or a hand grenade on the plane..I think its worth the exposure.....now where do I sign up to be a part time screener?
</font>

[ 06-26-2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Bruce The Aussie 06-26-2003 01:54 PM

i don't see what all the fuss is. if i had my picture taken in that i'd want the picture framed so i could hang it on my wall [img]smile.gif[/img] ofcoarse, everyone always did say i was a little weird.

*tip of the day*(for perverts)
also, hypnotism would work much better to see people naked. i mean it would be damn hard to get someone into one of thos infernal machines. wait till they bring them out in glasses form.

harleyquinn 06-26-2003 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Xen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />
Now apparently I need to stay away from Xen and Horatio

<font color="gold">
Now why is that harleyquinn?
</font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Well for starters, because you ate all the apple pie without sharing any with me!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Also, because sounds like you two will be getting one of those machines, and since I don't wanna go through one, I shall stay away :D