Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fix for Coran? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4096)

Khayne 09-18-2005 10:00 PM

Hi
I did the quest for Coran and returned to complete it, but my journal never said that I completed it so he still says I have to do his quest.
My question is this is there a fix for this or a way to edit or anything to fix this?
Oh and second what do I do with certain items since a certain somebody left a certain Tavern?( She gave me a certain reward and left )

[ 09-18-2005, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Khayne ]

ElfBane 09-19-2005 12:43 PM

Coran quest is broken as far a XP is concerned, but you do get the money if you visit Keldath(and have a wyvern head).

If you are talking about officer Vai and her buying of scalps, then you are just out of luck. Although other people also buy the scalps, but for not as much money.

SixOfSpades 09-19-2005 01:35 PM

Coran will keep mentioning his quest long after you've completed it, but he'll never leave the party because of it. Just a minor bug that BioWare never got around to patching. Ignore it.

Officer Vai actually says that she'll pay double what the scalps are worth (apparently, the market price on Bandit Scalps is well-established), so don't feel ripped off when she won't buy them any more. There's at least one other place in town where you can sell them.

Khayne 09-19-2005 02:02 PM

Thanks ElfBane and SixOfSpades.

Since Officer Vai left the tavern where do I sell the wyvern heads? Why did she leave?

ZFR 09-19-2005 02:37 PM

Officer Vai:
_before finishing bandit camp she will always be there.
_after finishing bandit camp but before finishing Cloakwood mines (this is the strange part): she will be there normally should you talk to her with scalps in your possession. But if at this time you talk to here without scalps in your possession, she will thank you and leave forever.
_after finishing cloakwood mine she will thank you and leave forever (no matter whether you have any scalps or not).

I'm not sure if you can sell wyvern heads anywhere, but if you mean bandit scalps, you can sell them to some merchants... can't remember exactly who but you can try Feldepost's.

[ 09-19-2005, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]

ister 09-19-2005 03:40 PM

I'm pretty sure you can't sell them at Feldeposts. Can't you sell tham at the smithy? Or is it the Friendly Arm?

Legolas 09-19-2005 04:16 PM

The wyvern heads go to the mayor in the temple east of Beregost, I believe.

Khayne 09-19-2005 07:37 PM

The Mayor only bought 1 I have 5 left.(waylayed 2 times)

ElfBane 09-20-2005 04:03 AM

Feldepost buys them I think. Have all the heads in one persons possession when you talk to Feldy, for the best price.

Betelgeuse 01-07-2006 06:46 PM

i have coran say from time to time that he's got better things to do like slaying wyverns but that could just be his default bored speech. he hasn't threatened to leave, even after meeting his ex wife.
i had a similar thing with minsc. i got to the gnoll stronghold and as soon as i appeared on the map, dynaheir was listed as part of my party, even though she was still in her hole halfway across the map. then later after i had rescued her, minsc got cranky saying i was taking too long to rescue her then attacked me. so i had to kill him.