Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Can't sleep or the socks will eat me. (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89917)

Grojlach 04-23-2004 08:09 PM

What is she building in there? [/creepy Tom Waits voice]

Seriously though... while normally the smell of nicotine is pervading throughout the house, every time my land-lady decides to do the laundry, a whole new variety of smells is suddenly crawling into even the dustiest corners of the house - a freakish amalgam of odors vaguely reminiscent of washing powder and lime, only then in such an invasive manner that it has practically become an entity of its own. I can almost feel it breathing down my neck, picture an animated sock army marching into my room and crawl into my mouth while I'm tring to sleep. I don't even know how she's able to create such a stench - but if it doesn't involve any cauldrons, creepy eye balls and swamp critters, I'd be surprised.

I think I'm scared.

Melusine 04-23-2004 08:12 PM

ROTFLMAOPIMP!!! That quote just did it for me... <font size=0>Ik was al zo melig van Justin</font> Cool song, BTW!

You should post more often when half-crazed with drowsiness, Groj! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
And erm... good luck with the err, sock problem. Yeah.

[ 04-23-2004, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]

Dron_Cah 04-23-2004 10:42 PM

Nooooo! Not the damn socks! BTW, doe syour land-lady wear a lot of black?? ;)

Grojlach 04-24-2004 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Melusine:
ROTFLMAOPIMP!!! That quote just did it for me... <font size=0>Ik was al zo melig van Justin</font> Cool song, BTW!

You should post more often when half-crazed with drowsiness, Groj! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
And erm... good luck with the err, sock problem. Yeah.

I think I'll just offer my land-lady a one way ticket to Salem, just to make sure. I'll even help her pack, empty her sock drawer into her suitcase and all.

Oisin 04-25-2004 05:54 PM

Uhm...'Ik was al zo melig van justin'????? is dat een liedje!!!???
translation: Is that a song!!!!!???

Melusine 04-25-2004 06:06 PM

Erm, no, that was in in-joke you don't need to get. The quote is from Tom Waits of course... Granted, I could have been more clear with my sentence structuring. :D

Ladyzekke 04-25-2004 07:13 PM

Sounds like a mixture of nicotine, bleach and one of those horrid dryer sheets mixed together. Some dryer sheets smell nice but they have a few scents that smell kind of like rotting pine that's been soaking in a swamp, they call it "Fresh Scent" but there is nothing fresh about it! Hope you are safe from the socks Groj ROTFL, good luck and may the force be with you!

Cloudbringer 04-25-2004 11:11 PM

Oh yuk! You need fresh air Groj! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Socks can't take over your room in fresh air...maybe you can open a window before it's too late! :D :D

wellard 04-26-2004 03:22 AM

Grojlach That is one hell of a scary post! :eek:

Oisin 04-26-2004 08:48 AM

Yeah!! you should read discworld!!! :D (Or did you have already??) There is a beggar in some of the stories, and he has a stench over him that IS an entity actually.
Terry Pratchet rulesss!!!