Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Welcome to the Current Events Forum -- Please read this before posting! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78109)

Ziroc 12-28-2002 04:53 AM

Welcome to the Current Events Forum -- Please read this before posting!

Welcome to the 'Current Events' Forum!

Basic Description of this Forum:
This forum is to discuss topics that you read about or see on the news--as well as other 'current' news items. You may also post Polls in this Forum, but please, do not abuse this function.

What makes this Forum different from "General Conversation"?
General Conversation is more of a light-hearted Forum for people to chit-chat, meet new folks, talk about how their lives are going, the Cafe, and other great posts, but THIS Forum is...darker. :icon7: Well, it allows the 'hotter' topics, which are: War, Abortion and other discussions. But make no mistake, anyone that slanders/talks badly of ANY Country, their people/customs, creed, etc, they will lose their posting access to Ironworks. We will use Memnoch's 'Strike' System, which was a great Idea!

* You may debate (No personal attacks and/or subtle jab's)
* Making a Poll is fine!
* War discussion - Read above. (Remember, this is just YOUR opinion, not fact)

And we will add to these rules as time goes on, so keep an eye on this Sticky post from time to time!!

Remember, you CAN post fun facts on current events too! Like new pictures of Pluto or whatever..

Enjoy!

Attalus 12-28-2002 10:01 AM

Yeah, I remember that Forum. Stayed out of it though. Yessir, Z-man, I shall be polite to all. :Salutes:

Larry_OHF 12-29-2002 12:18 AM

<font color=skyblue>What about the North Korean scuffle? Are we allowed to mention them here as well? I think we are closer to real combat with them. But, I may be wrong. </font>

Ziroc 12-29-2002 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>What about the North Korean scuffle? Are we allowed to mention them here as well? I think we are closer to real combat with them. But, I may be wrong. </font>
Sure! I don't mind! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cloudbringer 12-29-2002 09:58 AM

Well, as you can imagine, Z, I look on this with two thoughts..."Good, there's somewhere for the war topics to go" and "Oh no, not THAT forum again!" ;) [img]smile.gif[/img]

I do think it was a good idea, though!

Now, let's remember to keep it civil and enjoy the discussions!

Cloudbringer 12-31-2002 01:09 AM

Bumping and reminding everyone to look at the dates on the threads before replying. The old War on Terror forum threads are available, but as Z said, he'd prefer you don't bump those unless you really have some dire need to post there. This forum is opened to discuss, Iraq, Korea, Iran...etc.

Heartless, no worries! Everyone does that once in a while! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Heartless Butterscotch 12-31-2002 01:31 AM

Drat, I knew someone would see that!

Luvian 12-31-2002 01:35 AM

I saw it, too. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Heartless Butterscotch 12-31-2002 01:43 AM

Well anyways, it's nice to get the last word in once in a while.

skywalker 12-31-2002 05:13 AM

From past experience, I think this forum will get nasty like the last time it was active. I hope not, but the signs are there. I'm going to try to not be the inciter of the riots. ;)

Matk