Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Found Via virus scan... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92784)

LordKathen 01-21-2005 03:14 PM

<font color=lime>Anyone know how to get rid of this? It is making my com. restart constantly doing various tasks, like right clicking on the desktop to change the properties.
I believe I got it while downloading via peer to peer on Limewire.
Yes yes, I know. No need to lecture me...
The first "problem" I discovered was when trying to download more files and thinking I was succeeding, yet only to discover that even though it said "complete file", there was no information detected.

Anyway, after investigation, and a scan, this is what I found:
</font><font color=dark>
Scan started at 1/19/2005 9:14:17 PM

Scanning memory...
Scanning boot sectors...
Scanning files...
C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Martin\Application Data\winlink\winlink.dll - TrojanDownloader:Win32/WinShow.I -> Infected
C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Martin\Application Data\winlink\winlink.new - TrojanDownloader:Win32/Winshow -> Infected
C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Martin\Local Settings\Temp\optimize.exe - TrojanDownloader:Win32/Dyfuca.CZ -> Infected
C:\WINDOWS\bbbrtiob.exe - TrojanDownloader:Win32/IstBar.GC -> Infected
C:\WINDOWS\SSK_B5.EXE - TrojanDropper:Win32/Small.NF -> Infected
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mzzzgbsj.exe - TrojanProxy:Win32/Agent.CJ -> Infected
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svcinit.exe - PWS:Win32/Fakesvc.C -> Infected

Scanned
============================
Objects: 60139
Directories: 4656
Archives: 7046
Size(Kb): -178790
Infected files: 7

Found
============================
Viruses found: 7
Suspicious files: 0
Disinfected files: 0
Mail files: 233
</font>

Xen 01-21-2005 03:37 PM

Did you try to delete it? Also I suggest you do a Google search on that one.
I suggest Avast wich is a very good AV program and it's free too.

[ 01-21-2005, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]

Bungleau 01-21-2005 04:17 PM

Have you tried doing an online scan at Trendmicro? That might be able to clear things up.

I came across this link from pestpatrol.com for one of 'em. Looks like you've got four or five of 'em in there... nasty little buggers. :(

Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to blow up each of the little critters independently. What AV software are you using now? They may be able to clean it if you boot in safe mode.

Jerry_Seinfeld 01-21-2005 06:17 PM

You may have a bunch of spyware on your computer since you have severel trojan downloaders. I suggest getting Ad-Aware at www.lavasoft.com it worked wonders with my computer.

T-D-C 01-22-2005 12:17 AM

Restart your computer in SAFE Mode.

1. Run your virus scanner if you don't have one get AVG.

2. Run Adaware

3. Run Spy bot.

4. Restart and all should be good.

Aragorn1 01-22-2005 09:58 AM

Not always so, i', fighting a runnign battle with cool web search and vx2, ad and spy don't get rid of it, neither did CWshredder or the VX2 plug-in on add, oh well, i'll keep trying.

LordKathen 01-23-2005 09:36 PM

<font color=lime>How do you restart in SAFE mode T-D-C? </font>

T-D-C 01-24-2005 12:50 AM

Depends on your OS.

Usually you will hit the F8 key while the computer is starting up (before you get the windows screen)

If sucessful you should see a menu with safe Mode as one of the options.

Safe mode will look bad as it doesn't load half the drivers and its good for getting rid of unwanted things that start up when you don't want them to.

Animal 01-24-2005 01:00 AM

You've got some real nice stuff going on there.

As for the lecture, NO...I do believe you still need one. :D

Anyway, I'd suggest you run each virus name through Google and see what you can find regarding removal. I run 4 of them through, and came up with quite a few procedures to get rid of them.