Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   role ascension (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60137)

Lord Bane 11-26-2000 08:43 AM

Hello,

I have this question -> which elite classes can each basic class ascend to? It seems that there are restrictions even if the skill points would be ok.

in my case:
priest -

Wyvern 11-26-2000 11:22 AM

WEll the easiest way for you to find out would be to enter the guilds in which they are members and click the ascention button. They'll tell you which new roles you can move into and which you are not qualified.
I think Priests can ascend to Warlock, Ranger and something else (Samurai?)
Rogues should be able to become Barbarians, Bards ... sorry, I'm fuzzy on all these.
What level are your characters and where are you within the game??

Wyv

Sazerac 11-26-2000 01:53 PM

Ok, this is how I remember it:

Warrior can go to: Ranger, Samurai, Barbarian, Paladin, Ninja
Wizard can go to: Samurai, Bard, Warlock
Priest can go to: Paladin, Monk, Warlock
Rogue can go to: Bard, Ninja

From there, it depends on which guilds you select in order to ascend further. For example:

Barbarian: can join Warrior and Thief guilds, so can ascend to any of the Warrior or Rogue ascensions.
Samurai: can join Warrior, Wizard, and Bushi guilds, so can ascend to any of the Warrior or Wizard ascensions, as well as Ninja and Monk (Bushi guild).
Warlock: can join Wizard and Temple guilds, so can ascend to any Wizard or Priest ascensions
Paladin: can join Warrior and Temple guilds, so can ascend to any Warrior or Priest ascensions
Bard: can join Thief and Wizard guilds, so can ascend to any Thief or Wizard ascensions

Depending on your prior classes, you may have other options as well. For example, one warrior I upped to Paladin, then to Samurai. He belongs to four guilds: Warrior, Temple (through Paladin), Bushi (through Samurai), and Wizard (through Samurai). A great deal of firepower (both Spirit and Sun spells), plus many more avenues for ascension, if I had chosen to do so.

Hope this helps!

Sazerac

Wyvern 11-26-2000 05:27 PM

Gosh, I just love it when the really knowledgable posters come on and put me to shame!! Sazerac, that was excellent!!

Wyv

Lord Bane 11-27-2000 06:50 AM

Thanks Sazerac for answering my question. Wyvern, I'm quite at the beginning of the game. So far I've completed the crypt and toad village. My characters are at level 6. Just one more problem remaining: Not enough time to play the game as much as I wanted to!!!!

Wyvern 11-27-2000 08:58 AM

Lord Bane -

Ah, well you might want to consider postponing ascending any spell users for a while so they can learn some better spells. Warriors and Rogues you can change earlier with no ill effects. Hope you find some more time!

Wyv