Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ppl, PLEASE don't sleep on rugs... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89212)

D*Ranged 02-01-2004 04:41 AM

PLEASE don't make the mistake of sleeping on a rug, like I did a few days ago.

A few days ago I decided to sleep on a rug for no particular reason. :D
It was fine until then, when the problem started - next morning I woke up and I found myself bitten by mosquitoes, fleas, sandflies and whatnot. I was bitten all over my abdomen, right armpit and my thighs!!! :embarrassed:

As a result I ended up applying propolis extract on 40+ bite marks [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] and me and my father sprayed flea bomb (mainly deals with fleas but also effective against other insects as well) all over the house. (I was forced out of the house for effectively 3 hours... [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] )

I know it may be a common sense (which I don't seem to have all that much :D ) but I never DARED to sleep on a rug ever since. And I'm fine now, thanks God!

Stratos 02-01-2004 04:43 AM

Were you drunk? ;)

D*Ranged 02-01-2004 04:45 AM

I never drink. I just decided that I was sick of sleeping on a bed all the time and thought it was fun to sleep in the lounge. (where the wooled rug was)

A dumb mistake.

Stratos 02-01-2004 04:53 AM

Nah, we all do mistakes sometimes, but I'm sure you wont make that mistake again. ;)

D*Ranged 02-01-2004 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Stratos:
Nah, we all do mistakes sometimes, but I'm sure you wont make that mistake again. ;)
lol true :D

But I tell you, it wasn't funny when you have 40+ bites to deal with...

Arledrian 02-01-2004 04:59 AM

Well thanks man, I'll remember this next time I feel the urge to crash on a rug. Which isn't often, I must say. At least you lived up to your username [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Stratos 02-01-2004 05:03 AM

Yeah, the idea struck me as a bit...weird, but we accept all kind of people here. Even rug-lovers.

sageridder 02-01-2004 05:06 AM

I really hope this happened at someone eles's house and not your own. because if it did it would seem you're neglecting your own pets if there could be so many fleas as to come off the rug like that, just imagine how many would be on the poor cat,or dog living there.

D*Ranged 02-01-2004 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sageridder:
I really hope this happened at someone eles's house and not your own. because if it did it would seem you're neglecting your own pets if there could be so many fleas as to come off the rug like that, just imagine how many would be on the poor cat,or dog living there.
There were no pets there though...
It DID happen in my parents' house (where I am staying for a few months) and it were assortment of mozzies, sandflies and fleas, I already told you. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

Harkoliar 02-01-2004 06:03 AM

makes me think of all those love scenes (in the movies) by the fireplace with a rug draped over them. hmm..