Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   What's your purpose? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75028)

Redblueflare 05-13-2002 01:34 PM

Well I decided I'd ask someone else since I have to right that d*mn pastish (however it is you spell it) for english. What's your purpose? Be aware your purpose is not a goal. :rolleyes: (I hated hearing that over and over again.) It's basically something like I am a friend to call or what not.

I had to give this a lot of thought, but I decided I was a listener. I'm not really good at sharing my feelings and opinions and others, and there isn't really anyone out there I can open to completely.

Anyhow if someone comes to me and asks for me to listen to their problems, I just can't turn them away though. Even if there really isn't anything I can do, i'll try to cheer them up anyway. Just the way I am. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 05-13-2002 01:40 PM

<font color="cyan">Hmmm....really good question, but I don't think I am a listener. I talk alot, to all my friends, and people I don't know. I don't have a confidence problem, and I can talk to anyone, whether I know them or not, about anything at all.

I do offer alot of advice, but I don't really listen I don't think.

I don't really think I have answered your question, but I tried.I'm tired, and it's only 6pm....:'(</font>

AzureWolf 05-13-2002 01:45 PM

My purpose is to rule over you lowly peasants and make sure you dont get above your station in life [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lavindathar 05-13-2002 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AzureWolf:
My purpose is to rule over you lowly peasants and make sure you dont get above your station in life [img]smile.gif[/img]
<font color="cyan" face="verdana">I guess Azure is eating [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] .

Keep it on topic!!! I sound SO like a mod...someone shoot me!</font>

[ 05-13-2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Evil Al 05-13-2002 02:20 PM

I think my purpose is to help people based on past experiance. For every bad thing that happens in life to me, it seems to happen to my best friend Fiona (yes my best friend is a girl, my girl friends sister infact. And no there's nothing going on between us before anyone asks... Honest)
Seriously, its getting beond coincidental. 3 months after my cousin died of cancer the same happened to one of her close friends. So i was able to help her through that.
I went through an alcohol problem and so did she. (Its a massive problem around here, so its not just the company i keep that's off the rails)
Well anyway the list goes on.

Sazerac 05-13-2002 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lavindathar:
<font color="cyan" face="verdana">I guess Azure is eating [img]graemlins/spam3.gif[/img] .

Keep it on topic!!! I sound SO like a mod...someone shoot me!</font>

Ok!

[img]graemlins/rambo.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/2gunfire.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shooter02.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shooter03.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shooter04.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shooter06.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/railgun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/badass.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/shooter07.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/shooter08.gif[/img]

:D

Now then...down to business. My purpose seems to be that of a teacher; one that helps instruct and train others. At least, it seems to be my natural forte'.

-Szerac

[ 05-13-2002, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Sazerac ]

Lord Shield 05-13-2002 03:08 PM

my purpose involves mooing and tentacles [img]tongue.gif[/img]

khazadman 05-13-2002 03:14 PM

my purpose is to succeed,and make myself as independent as possible.i will not be dependent on others.

Grand-Ranger 05-13-2002 03:14 PM

Good thread RBF. I am not sure I have compeltley foud out what I am here for (Hey I have only had 14 years to figure it out ;) ).

Right now, I think I am just here, just for the sake of being here. I am sure somthing will come along my way. But as for now, I am just going to live a normal (or as normal as it gets around here) life, or try anyway.

Of course there are things. Like well, my cousn is one of my closeset friends, his parents are, well, difficult. And as it would turn out, I am seem to be the person he tells and looks to help for first.

Not that I volenterred for that job mind you. Then there are just others things, trying to be a good son and brother.

Thats it, for now.

BTW, I love you quote in your sig Saz, what ever happened to Piper anyway?

MagiK 05-13-2002 03:37 PM

Apparently my purpose is to take in various sorts of plant and animal bits, process them for a while then return them as a nutritive fertilizing agent. :D

Edit: and apparently if the first guess is wrong...I appear to be meant to be a smart ass :D

[ 05-13-2002, 03:38 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]