Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How Many Things Do You Have In Your Favorites on your PC? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84673)

Ladyzekke 03-11-2003 08:37 PM

I've just noticed how huge my favorites list has gotten it is insane LOL. I have I'd say about 80 sites I have on there now.. I guess I'm finally noticing it now because when I add a new favorite, and want to go to it, I find myself just placing the mouse on the arrow that scrolls you down the list, and letting go of the mouse and sitting back until it gets to the bottom LOL. [img]graemlins/nibbles.gif[/img]

So how many things do yall have on your Favorites List?

/)eathKiller 03-11-2003 08:44 PM

my Favorites list contains about 500 site links most of which don't even have the proper fonts to be labeled in my favorites list.

johnny 03-11-2003 08:45 PM

Beat ya ! :D

You got me counting, thanks for that. I have 84 links bookmarked.

SomeGuy 03-11-2003 08:52 PM

Only 25. Every funny link I find I add along with all the internet tests I find I add. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Arledrian 03-11-2003 08:57 PM

I don't use the favourites thing, I see it as kind of wieldy. I just click on that downwards-pointing arrow to the side of the address bar. That shows my history, and I just click on the link I wanna go to [img]tongue.gif[/img]

TheCrimsomBlade 03-11-2003 09:00 PM

I organized mine by placeing all related things into seperate files like one file for Morrowind with all the morrowind sites in that file, and then Baldur's gate is another file it has 86 different sites alone I now have 41 files with a total of 879 sites all organized and easy to find any thing I want, other wise It would take hours to find things. Try it, I organized mine during Christmas and New years and it works great.

Ladyzekke 03-11-2003 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
my Favorites list contains about 500 site links most of which don't even have the proper fonts to be labeled in my favorites list.
Woah! Sheesh how long does it take to scroll down to the bottom one? I'm thinking with *just* my 80 ones soon if I add even more, I'll have to go make a snack or something while it gets to the most recent favorite I've added LOL! shower maybe...mow the lawn...wash the car...do some dishes...bake a cake LOL... :D

Ladyzekke 03-11-2003 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheCrimsomBlade:
I organized mine by placeing all related things into seperate files like one file for Morrowind with all the morrowind sites in that file, and then Baldur's gate is another file it has 86 different sites alone I now have 41 files with a total of 879 sites all organized and easy to find any thing I want, other wise It would take hours to find things. Try it, I organized mine during Christmas and New years and it works great.
Hmmm, I see an "Organize Favorites" option, is that where you separated things?

TheCrimsomBlade 03-11-2003 09:53 PM

No 1st double cilck my computer
2nd double on C drive
3rd double cilck on the file "WINDOWS"
4th click on show files
5th look for a file with a blue star on it and the word favorites under it then double click on it in order to open it.
6th Then go to the top of the page and click on file and then New create file and make as many files as you need and name them what you want and drag and drop the favorites into the file you want them in,when your done just close everything and return to desk top click start and then click favorites and you will see all your new files all in order after that when you want to add a new site to favoites it will let you open what ever file you want and just drop the new site in.
COOL isn't it! Have Fun get organized it makes life just a little easier.

Gangrell 03-11-2003 10:37 PM

Hmm, I only have 28 favorites, but then again all I ever put under there are game forums and sites that I need to use for school [img]tongue.gif[/img]