Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Viconia (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8917)

Aredendra 07-29-2002 10:58 AM

Alright, I'm curious, was there a way to save her from the death of a burning pryre? ((sp?)) Anyway, waaaayyy back in the beginning of the game, I saw her get fried, 'cept no matter who I talked to or how much my party thought that her burning was wrong, I couldn't seem to *do* anything about her getting flamed. So I figured, alright, maybe there's nothing.

However! There was a BG site that listed her as a possible NPC for your party. They don't say *how* to save her anywhere, just that you can. How would that have worked?

philip 07-29-2002 11:04 AM

You can attack the guys who want to burn her when they're just in your range (the dialogue doesn't start but you can target them) so they won't notice you(once they're hostile they will try to kill you first before burning Viconia). You can walk next to the pyre and when the leader ends his talk, click on the pyre (the use item icon appears) if you're quick enough she's free and you'll be attacked by the peasants kill them and you can take Viconia with you.

[ 07-29-2002, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: philip ]

Aredendra 07-29-2002 11:10 AM

Alright, another Q: How do I attack people who aren't in that nice little red circle? Because their stance never changed for me, no matter where I was chattin it up.

philip 07-29-2002 11:38 AM

Click another time on your selected weapon (a orange/red line appears instead of the green line) when you move your mouse pointer it is a sword, if you click on a creature your character will attack (you can try to bash chests, doors etc. open the same way, though you have a very little chance to open it).

Sir Goulum 07-29-2002 11:40 AM

Ah, I believe I know what you mean....some people in the game won't turn bad, therefore you don't attack them [img]smile.gif[/img] . It shouldn't be a problem either way!

Oh....and <h2><marquee direction=left><marquee attitude=alternate>WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!</marquee></marquee></h2>
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

philip 07-29-2002 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Ah, I believe I know what you mean....some people in the game won't turn bad, therefore you don't attack them [img]smile.gif[/img] . It shouldn't be a problem either way!

Oh....and <h2><marquee direction=left><marquee attitude=alternate>WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!</marquee></marquee></h2>
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

They will turn red if you released Viconia before they torched her (the way mentioned in my first post)

Dundee Slaytern 07-29-2002 12:49 PM

Actually... if you free Viconia first, the peasants will not attack you, only the fanatics. Unless you are aiming for the pits with your reputation.

philip 07-29-2002 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Actually... if you free Viconia first, the peasants will not attack you, only the fanatics. Unless you are aiming for the pits with your reputation.
I meant those but I forgot how they were called... and after all they are peasants aren't they?

Dundee Slaytern 07-29-2002 03:43 PM

One of them is a Priest, the other two are soldiers.

Dagorion 07-29-2002 09:37 PM

Is it possible to watch Viconia burn? Every time i have played the game i have rescued her and either kept her or left her.