Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Favourite Spell (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23165)

pritchke 09-24-2002 02:07 PM

I think this was done before but I can't find it anywhere. There are so many great spells in IWD and HoW. So what is everyone's favourite spell? Do people use the power words that are instant, storm spells like Fire, Ice,or acid storm that do mass damage. Yesterday I actually got Static charge to work which is very effective.

I like so many spells but personally one of my favourite reliable ones is 'Stone Skin'. My bard can continue to play his war song even though he is taking a trashing from enemies or my cleric/mage can go into the thick of battle, cast all those other neat spells without any worries of taking melee hits.

[ 09-24-2002, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Lord Brass 09-24-2002 06:05 PM

"Static Charge". Without a doubt a fantastic spell once you get to a good enough level. How else can you keep killing without doing anything at all? :D Other spells you have to direct at a enemy or area, not with this baby. You'll understand my disappointment when I found out that BG:SoA/ToB doesn't have it. :(

pritchke 09-24-2002 06:32 PM

At first I thought Static Charge didn't even work. I used it but it didn't seem to work because I thought the occasional lightning hitting my enemies was coming from one of my characters weapon not the spell. Doh! At the time I didn't realize it was a build-up thing that keep repeating until the spell wore off.

Now that I have gotten it to work it will come in handy in fury mode with the occasional pause.

[ 09-24-2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

Seraph 09-24-2002 09:01 PM

Well, my favorite spell would probably be Chromatic Orb.
These things are wonderful for first level spells, I never understood why so many people like Magic Missle so much when they can have these things.

Vassago 09-25-2002 09:50 AM

Summon Fire Elemental
Entangle
Spike Growth

and that is why I have a full Druid in my party...

Dundee Slaytern 09-25-2002 09:54 AM

Mordenkainen's Force Missiles. :D
Vitriloic Acid Sphere.

For an electrifying battle in the outdoors, have one Druid <u>constantly</u> cast Static Charge and Call Lightning. :eek:

Morgeruat 09-25-2002 10:48 AM

Vitriolic Sphere, and Acid Storm, a great way to trap enemies, as very few things are acid resistant.

Lady Blade 09-26-2002 04:04 AM

My favourite spell is Summoning Monster IV, i cast that spell and send them into dangerous situations, they take out my enemies and i watch. What better way to kill your opponents than to let someone else do it all for you. Guess i'm just lazy.....

MasterPooBaa 09-26-2002 10:15 PM

Low level favorites:

chromatic orb: after 7th level it paralyses opponents. very useful
acid arrow: troll killer, plus lingering damage as u increase in levels.
web: suprisingly useful & quick with a cast time of only 2!
clerical animate undead: oh yeah... a buffer... my party loves ranged weapons!
clerical hold person: good against them goblins & orcs
slow: half the fun for them!

Malavon's Rage 09-28-2002 12:31 PM

Malavons Rage, stand in a crowd of goblins and watch the carnage