Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II Archives (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Need some seriuos help beating Kangaxx the Lich (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58726)

Anthem 11-06-2001 05:21 PM

Once he turns into the demi lich ..it's all over he simply imprisons most of my party. Ive died prolly 25 times. any spoilers for this? or good tactics?
Thanks for any input.

250 11-06-2001 05:22 PM

try kill him

Morgan_Corbesant 11-06-2001 05:31 PM

Possible Spoiler
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

summon as many creatures as you can. eventually he will run out of imprisonments on them, and then you can go for him yourself. i think he can do eight imprisonments, if im not mistaken. also, if you have it, try to use the daystar sword against him, that will mess him up pretty good.

JR Jansen 11-06-2001 06:14 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DM of FAoIW:
try kill him<hr></blockquote>

Shees, that's probably THE most helpfull piece of advice i ever saw and it smells of spam.

JR Jansen 11-06-2001 06:17 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Anthem:
Once he turns into the demi lich ..it's all over he simply imprisons most of my party. Ive died prolly 25 times. any spoilers for this? or good tactics?
Thanks for any input.
<hr></blockquote>

A few strategies exist. Try a search with Kangaxx and you'll find a lot of threads on that topic. But i'll give you some pointers anyway. Buy prot. from undead scrolls and cast them, also prot. from magic works. If you use prot. from undead, be sure to have one person (the one who places the bodyparts into the sarcophagues, i know, bad spelling) without it. This should be your mage as they can have a spell immunity : abjuration cast on them which protects them from improsonement.

Ugaya 11-06-2001 06:21 PM

For me the best weapon against him is the upgraded Mace of Disruption (available in chapter 3). He always failed his saving throw.

The best protection against his nasty spells are a protection scroll from Undead or from Magic (available at the Adventurer's Mart). If you have one, he is just a victim.

Another possibility is boosting up Aerie, protecting her by Spell Immunity (Abjuration) and hoping she won't fail her saving throw against Wail of the Banshee.

Galadria 11-06-2001 06:22 PM

The reply about summoning and staying FAR away is as good as I can do. Armored skeletons are best, because they're so magic-proof. Don't forget, he won't chase you, especially with 5 armored skeletons smashing his chili-bowl. P.S. (Cheese) you can reimport your mage after they can cast 9th level spells, if you've loaded TOB. Use lotsa Spellstrike and spell trap, with Time-stop thrown in for good measure.

Galadria 11-06-2001 06:25 PM

The reply about summoning and staying FAR away is as good as I can do. Armored skeletons are best, because they're so magic-proof. Don't forget, he won't chase you, especially with 5 armored skeletons smashing his chili-bowl. P.S. (Cheese) you can reimport your mage after they can cast 9th level spells, if you've loaded TOB. Use lotsa Spellstrike and spell trap, with Time-stop thrown in for good measure.

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 11-06-2001 08:42 PM

the easiest way to take him out once he becomes the demilich is to cast a protection form undead on your best tank, and then hide you other guys in the corners out of the demilich range of sight. then you can just beat on him with the one guys and he wont even know your there due to the protection scroll spell. It may take awhile and you may only do 1-3 damage per hit, but he dies eventually before your prot scroll runs out, then you have your whole party still, and ****spoiler the ring of gaxx. you might have to rest from the fight with the regular lich, but thats nothing compared to trying to get a freedom scroll, then unimprisoning you NPCs. Good luck with him until I figured out the prot scrool, cheat type deal. he just flat out murdered me. there are old threads about this so you can search for those if you want more info. hope this helped a little

Snitzella 11-06-2001 09:06 PM

Just before he starts to talk and turns himself into a dimilich let Anomen cast blade barrier and protection from undead (scroll)on himself. Let one of your magic users cast improved haste on Anomen and then run away near the stairs with the entire party (exept Anomen off course. This worked for me.