Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Wow its still here :D (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102577)

MagiK 01-24-2017 05:15 PM

Wow its still here :D

Been a while folks, hows it going anyone even remember me?

robertthebard 01-24-2017 05:19 PM

Re: Wow its still here :D

Heya. Yep.

Same as always here, all days are days that end in Y. Good thing, I guess, all things considered, I miss out on all the BS.

Ziroc 01-24-2017 06:16 PM

Yep! we're here bro! Have missed ya man! Got big plans for the site, just got loads of work on it to do still.

Attalus 01-26-2017 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagiK (Post 1250599)

Yep, I remember you really well, Ray..I mean MagiK. Susie says hi. :)

Lord of Alcohol 02-04-2017 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attalus (Post 1250602)
Yep, I remember you really well, Ray..I mean MagiK. Susie says hi. :)

Hey I remember all but the Ziroc dude, Attalus heya man good to seeya!

Attalus 02-05-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol (Post 1250604)
Hey I remember all but the Ziroc dude, Attalus heya man good to seeya!

LoA, it is a great pleasure as always. Have a great day! :)

Sparhawk 02-13-2017 02:05 PM

Remember the name....not much more :-)

johnny 02-13-2017 05:51 PM

Yep, i remember you, how's life Magik man?

Attalus 02-14-2017 01:05 PM

Oh, and, Ray, Suze says to ask about Coleen :)

Attalus 02-15-2017 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny (Post 1250612)
Yep, i remember you, how's life Magik man?

Hey, johnny, long time no see

johnny 02-18-2017 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attalus (Post 1250614)
Hey, johnny, long time no see

Hiya Attalus, i've been around all along, in lurking mode.

Hivetyrant 02-23-2017 06:31 PM

We definitely need a reunion.

Attalus 02-23-2017 08:10 PM

I'm available, as long as Susie is okay with it. :whistle:

wellard 04-01-2017 11:29 PM

G'day from OZ

Good to see everyone is still here boys

And still waiting for a role-play game better than BG2 or NWN, any recommendations?

Not even tried Skyrim yet.

Attalus 04-03-2017 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wellard (Post 1250646)
G'day from OZ

And still waiting for a role-play game better than BG2 or NWN, any recommendations?

Heh, do you count PS:T? :D Seriously, I hear good things about Mass Effect

Hivetyrant 04-12-2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

G'day from OZ

The enhanced edition of Planescape: Torment just came out which is a no brainer. And the new one Torment: Tides of Numenera is a great game too, I just finished it this week and while no game will ever beat the original, it's as close as you'll get!

Larry_OHF 04-23-2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1250619)
We definitely need a reunion.

Maybe Ziroc should host an IW reunion at Disney World.

Hello Ironworkers!

Attalus 04-24-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry_OHF (Post 1250668)
Maybe Ziroc should host an IW reunion at Disney World.

Hello Ironworkers!

Hello, yourself, Larry! What have you been doing?

Memnoch 04-28-2017 07:20 AM

Some of us are still here, going on 17 years now :D

Memnoch 04-28-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

G'day from OZ

You really should try Skyrim mate. You will love it.

Or...you could check out Star Wars the Old Republic (by Bioware) or The Elder Scrolls Online. Neither is the greatest as an MMO since WoW has set a very high bar but as an RPG with other people in it both are heaps of fun. I did SWTOR a few years ago and ESO a couple of years ago, the levelling and questing experience was great and very immersive, just that the end game (raiding, competitive PvP) was lacking (at the time, and compared to WoW, anyway). I believe both are free to play now so won't cost you anything to check them out.

Attalus 04-29-2017 01:06 PM

Hi, Memsy. I was just quoting you to somebody the other day. No more MMORPGs for me, though. I'm rerererepaying BG2 and waiting for Star Wars: KNights of the Old Republic:EE to come out. I fear I will be waiting long.

robertthebard 04-30-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attalus (Post 1250675)
Hi, Memsy. I was just quoting you to somebody the other day. No more MMORPGs for me, though. I'm rerererepaying BG2 and waiting for Star Wars: KNights of the Old Republic:EE to come out. I fear I will be waiting long.

I heard through the rumor mill that they are planning to reboot that game, and may have a team already on it.

Attalus 05-01-2017 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertthebard (Post 1250676)
I heard through the rumor mill that they are planning to reboot that game, and may have a team already on it.

From your mouth in God's ear, as my gramma used to say

ETA: Though actually I would prefer them do KotOR2, as that is messed up and incomplete, while the original KotOR is a gem as is

robertthebard 05-02-2017 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attalus (Post 1250678)
From your mouth in God's ear, as my gramma used to say

ETA: Though actually I would prefer them do KotOR2, as that is messed up and incomplete, while the original KotOR is a gem as is

I'd love to see them run with a trilogy off of it, while they still have access to the license. Despite some flaws, the first 50 levels of swtor is in essence 8 different games, since each class has it's own starting story that runs to 50ish. I won't be going back though, they caved to the PvP crowd's nerf calling one too many times for my tastes, and finally managed to break one of my tank classes. SP games are more their forte, barring what they did with NWNs, or what was possible to do with it, anyway.

Hivetyrant 05-03-2017 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertthebard (Post 1250680)
Despite some flaws, the first 50 levels of swtor is in essence 8 different games, since each class has it's own starting story that runs to 50ish.

I really enjoyed SWTOR when I played it like a single player game, sure it has the typical MMO grind here and there (Much better than it used to be though) but the story wasn't complete trash and the voice acting had it's charms.

As much as I would love single player campaigns though, the world of multiplayer just makes so much more money and requires far less effort so unless a smaller passionate team gets a hold of the license, I won't hold my breath :(

Ziroc 05-03-2017 05:46 PM

A bit off topic, but it looks like Wizards of the Coast is stopping production on Forgotten Realms novels as a whole-- Even Ed Greenwood and Bob Salvatore--both have quietly showed their sadness...

Supposedly they are going to make a feature Movie based in the Forgotten Realms..(HAHAHAHAH um, sorry. but remember the DnD movies?) but, uh.. then why stop making novels? Do they plan re-releasing all old ones and restart FR?

I mean, the last 6 years FR novels have been slim.. usually an Elminster and Drizzt novel, and 2-3 paperbacks. really sad. in the 90's, we'd have 12-15 novels a year!

Anyway, I've been playing a NEW Retro game called Flinthook--go look it up on YouTube! Its a retro 'kinda looking' platformer that reminds me of c64 bruce lee with bionic commando and mario all thrown together, but without looking like a ripoff. VERY cool looking, and challenging. Its and indie game, and cost only $15.. on PC and PS4. I got it on PS4 (seems better with a controller, and sitting in the living room to play) :D

I'd also LOVE to see a remake of that game! (And tons more-- like X-wing vs Tie fighter) I loved that game. but not really a RPG. :)

robertthebard 05-05-2017 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hivetyrant (Post 1250681)
I really enjoyed SWTOR when I played it like a single player game, sure it has the typical MMO grind here and there (Much better than it used to be though) but the story wasn't complete trash and the voice acting had it's charms.

As much as I would love single player campaigns though, the world of multiplayer just makes so much more money and requires far less effort so unless a smaller passionate team gets a hold of the license, I won't hold my breath :(

I took my NWN character building experience over to DDO, off and on for the last 7 or 8 years. It's been interrupted by bouts of "OMG, my next favorite game just came out" and some burn out, but I really enjoy doing guild stuff over there. Lately it's been back and forth between Skyrim and Andromeda though.

Lord of Alcohol 05-05-2017 06:40 AM

Quote:

I know you said no more MMORGS but if you like sci-fi theres an old game still being played. The community is outstanding, absolutely nothing like WoW.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php

https://www.net-7.org/

Oh and its free, they do accept donation but its not a pay for gear game.

Attalus 05-05-2017 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord of Alcohol (Post 1250687)
I know you said no more MMORGS but if you like sci-fi theres an old game still being played. The community is outstanding, absolutely nothing like WoW.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php

https://www.net-7.org/

Oh and its free, they do accept donation but its not a pay for gear game.

Thanks, LoA, I may check it out when I am through with ToB

Memnoch 05-07-2017 03:59 PM

Good to see some names I grew up with still around :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1250682)
A bit off topic, but it looks like Wizards of the Coast is stopping production on Forgotten Realms novels as a whole-- Even Ed Greenwood and Bob Salvatore--both have quietly showed their sadness...

Supposedly they are going to make a feature Movie based in the Forgotten Realms..(HAHAHAHAH um, sorry. but remember the DnD movies?) but, uh.. then why stop making novels? Do they plan re-releasing all old ones and restart FR?

I mean, the last 6 years FR novels have been slim.. usually an Elminster and Drizzt novel, and 2-3 paperbacks. really sad. in the 90's, we'd have 12-15 novels a year!

Whatever happened to FR anyway? I never played pen and paper D&D but I grew up on the whole FR world, with the Baldurs Gate games, NWN and the whole suite of novels that came with it. I even bought the FR Campaign guide even though I didn't play pen and paper just to read up on the setting. Last I heard 5 years ago they said they were blowing the whole world up, and they killed off half the characters and jumped time forward by a hundred years, then I lost track of what was happening after that, and lost interest as a result. Why did they do that? What was the motivation?

ElfBane 05-08-2017 03:01 AM

There is no quick way to answer your many questions. If you have spare time go here ...
http://forum.candlekeep.com/ .

Concentrate on these areas;
1. Under the "FR Journals" section: the forum "General FR Chat".

2. Under the "Realmslore" section: the forum "Sages of Realmslore". You may also find the forum "Chamber of Sages" worthwhile, since it is the area where FR authors and game designers respond to member questions.

3. Under the "Tomes of Lore" section: You may wish to DL the Candlekeep Compendiums to read at your leisure.

This should get you started. AAMOF, it's a bit overwhelming at first ... but you'll find your answers.

Ziroc 05-10-2017 05:51 AM

Quote:

Hey Attalus, you need to update your email address. I keep getting bounced emails from

vict... so change it so you are getting your 'someone posted in the thread' posts :).

Thanks!!
</pre>

Attalus 05-10-2017 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1250695)
Hey Attalus, you need to update your email address. I keep getting bounced emails from

vict... so change it so you are getting your 'someone posted in the thread' posts :).

Thanks!!
</pre>

PM on the way!

Larry_OHF 05-18-2017 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziroc (Post 1250682)

Anyway, I've been playing a NEW Retro game called Flinthook--go look it up on YouTube! Its a retro 'kinda looking' platformer that reminds me of c64 bruce lee with bionic commando and mario all thrown together, but without looking like a ripoff. VERY cool looking, and challenging. Its and indie game, and cost only $15.. on PC and PS4. I got it on PS4 (seems better with a controller, and sitting in the living room to play) :D

I'd also LOVE to see a remake of that game! (And tons more-- like X-wing vs Tie fighter) I loved that game. but not really a RPG. :)

I remember a thread on IW about this when it began happening. I remember I was just about to get into buying the books again...I have all of them from the old days...and then this happened just when I was getting ready to start investing again...and we cried long and hard over this.

Now, you're telling me they're straight up quitting.

Well...if I ever choose to forgive them for what they did to my world and start buying again...at least I know I can eventually catch up now.

Cloudbringer 07-27-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagiK (Post 1250599)

hm....you do seem a little familiar..... :) *hugs* HI!

Cloudbringer 07-27-2017 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Memnoch (Post 1250673)
Some of us are still here, going on 17 years now :D

Hey Memsie! Glad to see IW in your globetrotting itinerary! LOL *hugs*

So good to see so many familiar names! And just as happy to meet new folks!

I've played the EE versions of BG and BG2, started IWD and really enjoyed playing the classics again. Got hooked on Dragon Age franchise and am waiting for the next installment while replaying DAI and Skyrim. Skyrim has been lots of fun although not as immersive for my tastes and just as much fetching/carrying type missions. But still enough fun/interest to want to see it through, so worth the time!

Ziroc 07-28-2017 01:07 AM

Yeah, playing the EE versions as well. I just heard that there will be NO Icewind Dale 2 EE due to they LOST the source code for the game.... lost it??? UGH....

IWD 1 was awesome though.. I bought a load of games during the Steam sale too.

Attalus 07-28-2017 11:13 AM

No IWD2 for me, I never got past that dumb dragon (I know, use the Sphere). But PS:T -EE is on sale at GOG and I am planning that for next month

Hi, Cloudy! Susie says HI!

Tom 08-03-2017 06:32 PM

I used to come here as a tiny little pre-teen! I lived on this site for years! Still people here, interesting. I just reinstalled tob today for old times sake and thought about this place. I remember making some incredibly cringe worthy posts that embarrass me to think about. I hope all you other old timers are doing great!

Cloudbringer 08-04-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1250738)
I used to come here as a tiny little pre-teen! I lived on this site for years! Still people here, interesting. I just reinstalled tob today for old times sake and thought about this place. I remember making some incredibly cringe worthy posts that embarrass me to think about. I hope all you other old timers are doing great!

LOL, Howdy Tom! I guess I'm an 'old timer' LOL! Enjoy playing tob again!