Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A child's unexpected thoughts about Osama.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73338)

Ronn_Bman 02-04-2002 06:16 PM

If you've seen this before, "please excuse the ring", but I just got it today and thought it was worth sharing. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Little David comes home from first grade and tells his father that they learned about the history of Valentine's Day. "Since
Valentine's Day is for a Christian saint and we're Jewish," he asks, "will God get mad at me for giving someone a valentine?"

David's father thinks a bit, then says "No, I don't think God would get mad.

Who do you want to give a valentine to?" "Osama Bin Laden," David says.

"Why Osama Bin Laden," his father asks in shock.

"Well," David says, "I thought that if a little American Jewish boy could have enough love to give Osama a valentine, he might start to think that maybe we're not all bad, and maybe start loving people a little bit.

And if other kids saw what I did and sent valentines to Osama, he'd love everyone a lot. And then he'd start going all over the place to tell everyone how much he loved them and how he didn't hate anyone anymore."

His father's heart swells and he looks at his boy with newfound pride. "David, that's the most wonderful thing I've ever heard."

"I know," David says, "and once that gets him out in the open, the Marines could blow the sh*t out of him."

I actually thought this was going to be a sweet story when I read it ;)

Lord of Alcohol 02-04-2002 06:21 PM

LOL Ronn, it had me going too! What a good kid!

Thoran 02-04-2002 06:24 PM

sounds like a South Park skit [img]smile.gif[/img]

> OH MY GOD, THEY KILLED BIN LADEN...
- YOU BA$TARD!

[ 02-04-2002: Message edited by: Thoran ]</p>

Attalus 02-04-2002 06:40 PM

LOL, I loved it. Had me going, too.

Ladyzekke 02-04-2002 07:23 PM

LOL had me going too. Awww, such a sweet story, then.. jaw drops!
Hey is this a real story or just a fictional joke? Just curious!?

Galadria 02-04-2002 07:45 PM

Reminds me of a true story from back in the Gulf War. A friend of mine heard on TV that parents should talk to their children and allay any fears they might have about not being safe, etc. Being a conciencous parent, she had her husband go in and talk to their 10-year old. "Tom," he said, "do you have any questions about the war?"
"Yeah," his son replied, "why aren't they using Titans?"
Puzzled, he said, "But Tom, those are multi-warhead thermonuclear weapons. If we should use those, Bagdhad would be converted to a sheet of radioactive glass, and all the people would be killed."
The boy shrugged. "So? Short war." They didn't worry much more about his fears.

Killing Spree 02-04-2002 08:00 PM

:D That was beautiful. Innocent wide-eyed little boy saying "And then they can beat the shit out of him!" ;) Wonder if daddy's heart swelled any more after that.

Durwyn 02-04-2002 08:11 PM

ROFL, nice story, gave me a fair laugh ;) . Thats one little smart boy.

Ronn_Bman 02-04-2002 08:19 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ladyzekke:
LOL had me going too. Awww, such a sweet story, then.. jaw drops!
Hey is this a real story or just a fictional joke? Just curious!?
<hr></blockquote>

Completely fictional, but hilarious :D

Scholarcs 02-04-2002 11:43 PM

I didnt like it. I guess its because I'm one of those people who promotes World Peace.