Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Fav Character (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3003)

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-01-2004 01:34 PM

Well, that question is really like this one:"how long is a piece of string?" Basically, it depends what you have done. I am presuming you have basically just done the quests and gone on to Baldurs Gate? That of course is fine, some others (like me) prefer to do it another way. I will usually explore every area on the map, mostly before I go to Baldur's Gate. In my latest solo Barbarian run this is exactly what I have done, it does help in some quests in the city though, as you will need to be higher level. But on the same token level 4 is perfectly acceptable, and you will easily gain levels.

krunchyfrogg 11-06-2004 11:55 AM

I played a Ranger who dual classed at 2nd level into Cleric.

I found it very powerful to have access to all cleric and druid spells, as well as be able to get ** in any blunt weapon.

I was only about 2000 xp (or however much it is to reach Ranger 2) behind a straight cleric, with many benefits (see above) plus the racial enemy.

I don't have the savegame anymore, but that was a lot of fun.

[ 11-07-2004, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: krunchyfrogg ]

Xan the Enchanter 12-23-2004 08:48 PM

*piping up rather late in the game*

PICK MEEE!

Yuh.

Garrett the human thief. ((Yes, yes, I am a huge honking THIEF: THE DARK PROJECT fan)).

I have used this character from BG1 straight through Throne and have also used him in the two Icewind Dales. Thief has always been my favorite class.

Sadly I don't have his stats at hand.

Kestrel Daystar 12-23-2004 08:54 PM

My Character: Kestrel Daystar

Name: Kestrel Daystar
Race: Kiefling
Deity: Thespia, Mistress of the Arts
Homeland: Harpsglen Vale
Lineage: Demonic Father, Sylvan Elf Mother
Profession: Bardic Ranger
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 97 lbs
Build: Slender; Toned
Hair: Midnight Blue, Several Silvery Grey Streaks; Smooth and Flowing
Eyes: Deep Ocean Blue
Skin: Tanned; Smooth and Unblemished
Ears: Very Long; Finely Pointed
Teeth: Pearly White; Feral, Fang like
Scent: Freshly Cut Grass and Ripe Apples
Languages: Common; Elvish; Sylvan; Draconic; Abyssal and Celestial
Personality: Friendly, Jovial, Care-free, Thoughtful, Romantic, Mischievous
Favourite Colour: Forest Green
Favourite Weapon: Dual Recurved Rapiers
Distinguishing Features: Adorning his face is a trim goatee and stubble extending up his jaw to his ear, such a feature a rarity amongst elven kind; Feral like fangs, a feature inherited from demon lineage; Written upon his wrists and the backs of his hands are inscribed a set of matching tattoos depicting archaic symbols.

I have had this character through my PnP days, Baldur's Gate I through to Throne of Bhaal. I also played him through both Icewind Dales aswell as Neverwinter Nights and its expansions. I am also half-way through writing my first novel, with him as the main character.

krunchyfrogg 12-24-2004 06:34 AM

Very interesting Kestrel. How did you implement him into the Baldur's Gate game?

Kestrel Daystar 12-24-2004 06:56 AM

After playing through all of the Baldur's Gate Saga, I chose the mortal path and so I just carried on from there, deciding to RP that all he has done thereafter, from Icewind Dale to Neverwinter Nights, to Icewind Dale II is just continueing his adventures throughout Faerūn. I just slotted the PnP in between Icewind Dale and Neverwinter Nights.

--Kestrel--

krunchyfrogg 12-24-2004 05:20 PM

I meant class, stats, proficiencies, ect.

Kestrel Daystar 12-24-2004 05:27 PM

Ahh, I see. Heheh. Sorry, I thought you meant storywise.

Lets see:

Class: Bard (Trueclass)
Strength: 12
Dexterity: 16
Constitution: 14
Wisdom: 12
Intelligence: 13
Charisma: 17
Dual Wielding: +3
Long Sword: +2

--Kestrel--

krunchyfrogg 12-27-2004 06:42 PM

Cool. I was just curious as to whether you'd go Bard or Ranger. How did the Bard class work out for you? Who was in your party?

Kestrel Daystar 12-27-2004 07:32 PM

I was quite impressed with the Bard class actually, as I had heard many negative things said about the class. I have always had a fondness for Bards though however, so I decided to go that route (which I could obviously make a Bard/Ranger in NWN).

Overall though I enjoyed the Bard class, and found the stronghold quest quite enjoyable (if not alittle drawn out). I was alittle miffed at seeing Haer'dalis for the first time though went I playing through as Kestrel. I had no idea of Haer'dalis' character before making Kestrel and I saw many similarities (curse you Black Isle ;) ).

Many party consisted of:

Kestrel Daystar - Kiefling - Bard
Jaheira - Elf - Druid/Fighter (romance)
Aerie - Elf - Mage/Cleric
Mazzy - Halfling - Fighter (which I later SK to paladin)
Haer'dalis - Tiefling - Bard
Jan Jansen - Gnome - Illusionist/Thief

I found it fairly interesting with those character and it wasn't too difficult either. Overall I had a good time playing through, and now am playing through again with added mods (which, I didnt have the first time I ever played BGII with Kestrel) and now have Keto in my troupe.

--Kestrel--