Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Tweet from Bioware (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101177)

T-D-C 11-18-2009 07:07 PM

Tweet from Bioware

@biofeed If I was a fan of Dragon Age: Origins, I'd be keeping my eyes on the Dragon Age website tomorrow. Just saying. - Evil Chris

Wonder what this could be.....

Kyrvias 11-18-2009 09:16 PM

Re: Tweet from Bioware

<font color = mediumspringgreen>Hmm. If I had my wish? Some Warden Emblazoned light armour.

Much too few of that ingame...

Most likely? I'd assume that it's a patch for dwarves losing their CE items, the dagger/bow dexterity fix, and soforth. </font>

Luvian 11-19-2009 01:41 AM

Or another DLC...

SpiritWarrior 11-19-2009 03:30 AM

That's my guess. A DLC or even some kinda enchance patch.

Sparhawk 11-19-2009 01:07 PM

Well on the website they are announcning a DLC called Retur to Ostargar - it might be that one they're talking about?

T-D-C 11-19-2009 04:06 PM

Return to Ostagar
Available this holiday season. $5 USD

Your memories of the battle of Ostagar will haunt you for years to come. It laid waste to your order and claimed the lives of many great men and women.

Now, there are rumors that a fellow survivor of the battle has escaped from captivity and is seeking the Grey Wardens' help. The time has come for the Grey Wardens to make their return to Ostagar and exact their revenge upon the darkspawn.

A return to the battlefields of Ostagar, now thick with darkspawn encamped amidst the snow

An opportunity to reclaim the lost arms and armor of a king

A second chance to add Dog to your party

Kyrvias 11-20-2009 01:30 AM

<font color = mediumspringgreen> Honestly? I'll be waiting for a package of the DLC's to come out before purchasing. Warden's keep wasn't exactly what it promised, if I recall. And reclaim the lost arms and armour of the king? Better have to repair it. That piece of golden joy was CRUSHED.

I dunno. I suppose I miss the days of Shadows of Undrentide or hell, Hordes of the Underdark. In my mind, the logic is as follows:

If SoU was 30 dollars? May have been less. I have no idea, being that I came late to NWN and bought the Diamond pack. either way, that was for over 8 hours of content, easy. Wardens keep was 7 dollars, now Return to Ostagar is 5 dollars. Assuming RtO follows the pattern of warden's keep, that's 12 dollars for 2 or so hours of content, and fancy new armour.

I will definitely wait. (Unless one comes with brand new light armour. Then I'm all over that! :D ) </font>

Luvian 11-20-2009 01:54 AM

I'm happy to see my sense of cynicism was right. It's like horse armor but it's for your character this time. I wonder when they'll start selling loot piecemeal...

robertthebard 11-20-2009 06:58 AM

If it were me, I'd have saved Ostagar for an expansion. There is a direct route to the Darkspawn in Ishal Tower, and while it may be a bit cliche, I'd find it amusing to start the expansion where the original kicked off.

Chewbacca 11-20-2009 10:07 AM

It's hard to complain about cheeseburger stakes like 5 bucks, but I would rather have a proper expansion.

I always thought the premium modules for NWN 1 were a great value, some with great fun content/ hours of play like POTSC. I'm gonna hope for more DLC for DA like that.