Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Half Life 2: Portal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67144)

Bozos of Bones 01-30-2007 05:58 PM

This is the most awesome concept for a game I've ever seen! It's coolness compressed into a game! MUST SEE!

Hivetyrant 01-30-2007 06:18 PM

It's old, but still very cool.

I wish they would hurry up and release the damn thing!

Jaradu 02-01-2007 04:00 PM

I would give anything for HL2: Episode 2
I would give anything for Portal
I would give anything for Team Fortress 2

And we can get them all in a bundle for $40 :D
(<3 Steam)

T-D-C 02-02-2007 04:51 AM

Now that is cool!!

Thoran 02-02-2007 01:35 PM

That would make for some very challenging level design. All the old standbye's for controlling player motion become meaningless when you can cross a chasm in an instant. Closed doors will still work, but any outdoor scene will be tough. Look like if you can SEE someplace... you can use the portal to get there.

Definitely a new idea that could lead to a serious evolution in gameplay.

Jaradu 02-02-2007 03:08 PM

If you want to get a feel for the game, you should download Narbacular Drop. It was a tech demo produced by the developers to impress Valve and get licensing for the Source engine. Good fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Memnoch 02-05-2007 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaradu:
If you want to get a feel for the game, you should download Narbacular Drop. It was a tech demo produced by the developers to impress Valve and get licensing for the Source engine. Good fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jaradu's alive!!! How are ya mate?

Jaradu 02-05-2007 12:03 PM

Hey Memnoch! No, I never died, unfortunately. :D To be honest it's very suprisising that even one person remembers me at all. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I joined mid-2003, made around a thousand useless posts, then began lurking for two years. Now, I'm slowly creeping my way back. [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess since I stopped playing RPGs in favour of FPSes, I didn't have that much to post about anymore.

But anyway, I'm good thanks. :D You?

Thoran 02-06-2007 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jaradu:
Hey Memnoch! No, I never died, unfortunately. :D To be honest it's very suprisising that even one person remembers me at all. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I joined mid-2003, made around a thousand useless posts, then began lurking for two years. Now, I'm slowly creeping my way back. [img]smile.gif[/img] I guess since I stopped playing RPGs in favour of FPSes, I didn't have that much to post about anymore.

But anyway, I'm good thanks. :D You?

Shooters get old too... you'll be back to rpg's before you know it. [img]smile.gif[/img]