Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Easy Money!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6016)

Morgan_Corbesant 02-14-2002 01:42 AM

well, there i was soloing with an elven bounty hunter, when lo-and behold i discovered something that i had never actually thought of in the past. i used the Potion of master thievery (PMT) and stole a few more of them from the thief in gaelin baels house (SP) well, then i sold my wands from the dungeon, stole them back, and took them to the black market thief. well, she buys stolen items, so i kept selling, stealing, selling, stealing, etc. after about thirty times or so, i went to waukeens prominade, bought the plate of balduran, and repeated the process. im at the BEGINNING of chapter 2, have over 100,000 gold pieces, four more PMT's, and it was all done LEGITLY!!! yeah, it may be cheese but damnit, my thief knows pick pockets for a damn reason!!! anyway, i thought i would post that for you all. oh, and i now have the sword of balduran, bracers of defense ac.3, and girdle of hill giant strength, lol. ah, i love thieves.

Dundee Slaytern 02-14-2002 01:56 AM

I used that tactic to gained 750,000 gold pieces with my evil party. By the end of ToB, I had 1,000,000 gold pieces.

And this is without repetivitive stealing and selling. I sell once to a honest merchant, steal it back and sell it to a black-market merchant. I do not steal back from the black-market merchant.

You know you have too much gold when you decide not to pick up that +3 longsword to sell it.

Sparhawk 02-14-2002 03:23 AM

Dundee...
I suppose thatīs what is called honour among thieves :D

Dundee Slaytern 02-14-2002 03:25 AM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sparhawk:
Dundee...
I suppose thatīs what is called honour among thieves :D
<hr></blockquote>

Nope, it is called not wanting to spend 2 hours stealing and selling over and over again when gold is practically thrown at you in the game anyway.

;)

Sparhawk 02-14-2002 03:35 AM

HMPRF...What a bore!

Though itīs nice to have YE back old timer...any more stories on adventuring from ye

SixOfSpades 02-14-2002 10:06 PM

While the 'shoplift it back again' trick is cheesy and completely unrealistic, it IS handy for those who want to get Imoen back as quickly as possible, and for those who just love their Thieves, it's simply good roleplay.

"Hey, you wanna buy a Rogue Stone?"
"Ooo! Why yes, I sure do, those things are rare. I'll give you 2500 gp for it."
"It's a deal!" *kaching* "OH MY GOD, IS THAT BODHI?!?!"
"WHAT! Where???"
"Oh, my mistake, it was just a Shadow Thief with really pale skin....and nice legs. Hey look, I just happen to have another Rogue Stone here....."

Evan 02-14-2002 10:34 PM

ok thou not a big theif fan myself so i do not use theiving skills myself. i found a way to actually take things lying on tables in a merchant store and sell it to him or her. i figure you must know that already thou.

Dundee Slaytern 02-14-2002 11:07 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sparhawk:
HMPRF...What a bore!
Though itīs nice to have YE back old timer...any more stories on adventuring from ye
<hr></blockquote>

Nothing noteworthy, just an Archer in Chapter 5 and an Assassin in Chapter 3, both solo and on Insane Difficulty.