Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How to become a MODerator (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87717)

Spirits forever 09-15-2003 06:26 AM

Can anyone tell me how i can become a moderator?/???

Memnoch 09-15-2003 06:37 AM

Be nice to people, follow the rules, don't spam, treat others with respect so that they respect you in turn, have a thick skin, etc. And wait to be asked. Around here, people generally don't ask to be moderators - they'll get asked. ;)

Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ziroc 09-15-2003 06:41 AM

First off:

Never ask HOW you become one. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

* Takes time
* Dedication
* Helping people
* Killing Trolls (and other excrement)
* Been a member for atleast 6 Months
* Friendly--even when you don't wanna be
* and #1 reason? Be fair, and non-biased.

[ 09-15-2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

wellard 09-15-2003 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Spirits forever:
Can anyone tell me how i can become a moderator?/???
<font color = lightgreen> "The first step to being a god my child is to wrestle Choc *the gatekeeper* for 10 no holds barred rounds. Only if you survive that challenge may you enter through the gates of Ironworks to begin the ten tests of enlightenment" :D

Each moderator will set before you a test so cunning, so fearsome, that only a true godling will pass. What the tests are will be posted here shortly by members who have all tried and failed. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The last test itself is set by Ziroc. The exact nature of which is kept secret, but it may involve protecting with your life the server and hard drives from crashing [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] </font>

[ 09-15-2003, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

Harkoliar 09-15-2003 06:54 AM

Quote:

wellard
--------
"The first step to being a god my child is to wrestle Choc *the gatekeeper* for 10 no holds barred rounds. Only if you survive that challenge may you enter through the gates of Ironworks to begin the ten tests of enlightenment"

Each moderator will set before you a test so cunning, so fearsome, that only a true godling will pass. What the tests are will be posted here shortly by members who have all tried and failed.

The last test itself is set by Ziroc. The exact nature of which is kept secret, but it may involve protecting with your life the server and hard drives from crashing

shhh!! your giving away all our secrets! :D

Link 09-15-2003 07:12 AM

The privilege of becoming a moderator does not come easy [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been here for a decent amount of time, but I know I'm not likely to be asked as a moderator. Same goes for a lot of the older ones amongst us.

Vaskez 09-15-2003 07:15 AM

*wonders why he hasn't been asked yet"
*checks membership time...over 2 years!*
required wittyness - check
required level of smartassedness - check
required level of piss-taking ability - check
required ability to be strict and tell people off - check

:D

Memnoch 09-15-2003 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Link:
The privilege of becoming a moderator does not come easy [img]smile.gif[/img] I've been here for a decent amount of time, but I know I'm not likely to be asked as a moderator. Same goes for a lot of the older ones amongst us.
Doesn't mean you're any less of a person, either, for not being asked. ;)

WOLFGIR 09-15-2003 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Vaskez:
*wonders why he hasn't been asked yet"
*checks membership time...over 2 years!*
required wittyness - check
required level of smartassedness - check
required level of piss-taking ability - check
required ability to be strict and tell people off - check

:D

Hmm, I see that you haven't checked the enormous bribe to Choc though ;)

You do realise that all notes are lain on the floor of Z's computer and the ones that Choc doesn't tear apart is up for the second test ;)

My guess is that Choc has his little lunch place right where the applications land. ;)

Gangrell 09-15-2003 07:27 AM

Well, I would think another decision is based on if they can take that responsibility into care and not abuse it and of course the maturity factor. All the mods here are older people (not old, older) so you'll never see a teenage mod on here, not fair I think [img]tongue.gif[/img]