Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   How late do you stay up??? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92632)

Lauren 12-30-2004 09:05 PM

At the moment for me, I'm usually up at 9:30am and I go to bed at around 1 -2 am>
But starting next monday I'll have to go to bed early because i go back to work on tuesday and I have to start at 7:30am!

The Hierophant 12-30-2004 09:18 PM

There's no conscious plan to my sleep patterns, but I usually get to bed between midnight and 3 am. If I have an 'early' get-up the next morning (usually around 6am to get ready for work in a cafe) then I try to get to bed before midnight. This rarely happens though, as my brain is simply not usually in the rhythm of getting relaxed and sleepy at that time. I worked on an orchard for a couple of months last year, during which my friends and I usually got up at around 5am, in which case we got into the habit of being in bed and asleep by 10pm at the latest.

Arledrian 12-30-2004 09:28 PM

It's very rare that I'm in bed before 2am. It's usually between 2 and 4, but I regularly stay up til 6 or so. I'm a real night owl and do most things after dark. If I could lead a true vampiric life and switch day and night around, I absolutely would. I just seem to be at my mellowest and most productive at night.

Ladyzekke 12-30-2004 10:19 PM

Well I have to go to work in the morning during the workweek, so I usually hit the hay around 11:00pm. Weekends are different. :D

I used to do the sleep all day, stay up all night, deal when I lived with my parents and had no job and it was summer so no school either and I was just a freebird LOL. Ah miss those days. Relish them while you have them HiveTyrant. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Mack_Attack 12-30-2004 10:23 PM

Well being a shift worker I have a real weird sleeping patern when working. But on days off I am in bed by 11:00pm maybe a bit later nothing past midnight. And up between 8 am and 8:30. There would be no way that I could stay up that late. Getting up and spending time with the family is a prority with me. So more time with them is always good. :D Hense most of my posts come from work. ;)

Jaradu 12-30-2004 10:28 PM

It's 3:22am GMT and I'm going to bed now... of course, were this a school night, I would've been asleep 4-5 hours ago [img]tongue.gif[/img] . Nighty night. ;)

Bozos of Bones 12-30-2004 10:32 PM

I always sleep 6 hours, so if I have to get up at 7, I go to sleep at 1, and if I can sleep in untill 11, I go to bed at 5... Haven't slept more than 6 hours a day for about 3 or so months now... Probably should change, but I see sleep as a wayted time. I'll speel when I'm dead, that's the motto behind this...

Q'alooaith 12-30-2004 10:48 PM

Depends..

If Sophie and Katie have stop over then about 2ish, though it can be till half 4 somtimes..

When I have more mates over things are a little more sensible (well maybe that not the right word), and everyone's in a bed before 2 normaly..

Left to my own devices I put of sleeping for as long as possible, I don't like falling asleep, I often go whole days without sleeping, I've at this moment been up for about 40 hours, so far..

When I have important things I have to do I go to bed at about 2, then up at 6..

I don't like the day and I don't like the night, give me dusk and dawn anytime.

Bungleau 12-30-2004 11:07 PM

I generally get to bed somewhere after midnight, and hopefully by one. Often it's one-something, which is occasionally a wee bit close to two.

*edit* forgot to mention... I agree with Bozos. Sleep is just practice for being dead... ;)

Why's it a problem? 'Cause the rest of the house is in bed by 10, and they get up around sevenish. And they have the drastic nerve to get me up at the same freakin' time...

This morning, though, was a day off work... so they let me sleep in until 8:30 :D

[ 12-30-2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]

Winter Wolf 12-31-2004 12:22 AM

I agree with Mack, more family time is good. But since the family seems to have their biological clocks set on 38 hour days, and the four dogs wake up at about 7am every bloody day, I get about 12 hours of sleep every two and a half days. Get to sleep anywhere from 6pm to 7am (38 hour days, remember?) The only regular time I get up is 6.30am sundays to learn martial arts with my most awesomest shifu who is technically retired but deemed this white boy worthy. ^__^