Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Im new here (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101465)

moma919 04-30-2010 07:15 AM

Im new here

Hello, i am new here and last time i played W&W, was a eternity ago, so i did some google searching and i found this great forum :iwhammer: IronWorks =D. So i got ALOT interrest in it again, but still, i dont have the game:mad:, so do anyone have it for free? I just wondering.

Shadow Stranger 04-30-2010 07:48 PM

Re: Im new here

The game occupies 2 CDs, thus it is much larger than the sort of games that you find on abandonware sites. I am not aware of any free versions of it anywhere.
You could look on ebay, but I am not too confident that you will find anything.

Wyvern 05-01-2010 06:07 PM

Hi Moma919!!!!

I don't know of anywhere to get it for free. Sometimes copies do show up on eBay and other places. I guess your best best would be to google it and see what results you find. Good luck in your search!!!

Wyv

Dr.Pick 05-15-2010 10:29 PM

I saw it on Amazon and they had the "Tome of Misinformation"(Guide Book by Brady Games) available also.

Welcome to the Forums where you'll find all that you could want or need to play the game well... except of course, the game itself.

Good luck finding one.

+Dr. Pick

Shadow Stranger 05-16-2010 09:13 PM

Wyvern did not think much of the official guide as I recall, little better than what is around here.

Dr.Pick 05-17-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Stranger (Post 1240157)
Wyvern did not think much of the official guide as I recall, little better than what is around here.

It's glaringly incomplete in some areas and there are a few... err.. inaccuracies, but I still find it helpful. With this play through, I've been making copious notes in case I can manage to play again in the future, or my son ever gets the chance to play a REALLY OLD game... he's only two years old right now. :^)

Perhaps he'll play it as part of a research project for a history class. :^D

+Dr. Pick

moma919 07-15-2010 09:46 AM

Hey, and sorry for being gone for maybe four months or something. But I have been VERY busy with my game lately (Yeah, I make games). And I haven't gotten the game yet but I have memories in my head and stuff. Actually I am considering to download it illeagal from pirate bay (I found one), but that's a 1 week slow download. But I wanna hear your oppinion. Well, thank you guy's for your replies :scatter:

Wyvern 07-17-2010 07:42 AM

Hi moma919!!

You can get W&W (used) on Amazon for about $20 - you can get a new one there for about $35

What is the game that you are making??

Wyv

moma919 08-07-2010 05:41 PM

Finally, the download (pirated) of W&W is finished and I have played a little and its AWESOME! but... I can't find the game guide book so have someone a game guide on the web that I can print out?

PS It is called "Reveral Blocks" A 2D grapical platform ORPG (made with game maker) that you can do whatever you want (in the future....), but now it needs work, however I have some videos:
First Video

Update 1

Update 2

Update 3... released today!

But you probably noticed that I didn't reply before ages... well thats because I didn't have the game.... but now I WILL be here almost every day =D

Shadow Stranger 08-07-2010 10:11 PM

Apparently the game guide is okay but not brilliant, Wyvern has a hard copy of it, she is the source of my information on this. You will get much better information in this forum.