Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   damage = ? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32907)

Rusty Shackleford 12-03-2004 11:34 AM

ok, i was just wondering who hit harder between my warrior and my wizard.

my warrior has 20 str, 10 sword skills, ironmight and the 6-16 mavin

my wizard had 24 str, 12 pole staff, ironmight and a 6-14 staff that i forgot the real name

could my wizard realy be hitting harder than my warrior? if yes then thats wierd :S

bsftcs 12-03-2004 11:46 AM

With the way that characters take on new roles, that should sound likely. Since wizards furthermore often carry lighter equipment, a wizard can in fact be a far better fighter.

Rusty Shackleford 12-03-2004 11:52 AM

[img]redface.gif[/img] , thats crazy [img]tongue.gif[/img] , well, its a good thing anyways cuz my wizard is my favorite character, she has paralize on her staff too wich adds a little extra spice to the equasion [img]tongue.gif[/img]

aleph_null1 12-03-2004 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford:
my warrior has 20 str, 10 sword skills, ironmight and the 6-16 mavin

my wizard had 24 str, 12 pole staff, ironmight and a 6-14 staff

Stop me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen any advantage to training weapon skills past maybe Lvl 4 or 5. They don't seem to add any damage, and they don't help out the Hit stat any that I've seen ...

I'd probably have to vote for the fighter, though, since he's probably got a lot of other things that add to damage (Gallantry, Fury, &tc.), Strength aside.

@bsftcs: Congrats on the graduation from Quintesson hell! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

bsftcs 12-03-2004 12:23 PM

Thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I really cannot remember if it made any difference when I maxed out my characters' skills, but I am sure Radek has some figures for us on that matter. :D

Rusty Shackleford 12-03-2004 12:23 PM

well, all that i know is that my wizard is stronger and seems to hit more often than when she was at level 4-5, maybe it dosent raise the hit stat but it must have some effect.

and no, by warrior i meant fighter not barbarian, maybe he can get more skills after the last two quests of the warriors guild but right now all he has is ironmight and my wizard has it too so that equals it out.

aleph_null1 12-03-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Rusty Shackleford:
and no, by warrior i meant fighter not barbarian
You mean vanilla Wizard and Warrior? I thought you were saying fighter-that-was-a-Warrior and caster-that-was-a-Wizard ...

In that case, definitely the Wizard: Warriors suck, they just usually pick up useful traits/skills as they ascend through the "warrior-type" roles.

(Guess there was some guild hopping going on there to get the Wizard Ironmight ... :D )

jsalsb 12-03-2004 01:34 PM

Don't warriors go up and up in number of attacks per round as they ascend? and wizards don't? or at east not nearly as much?

Bungleau 12-03-2004 04:36 PM

Assuming they're the same race.... your wizard is stronger and has a higher weapon skill. The weapons are roughly comparable. So I'd expect the wizard to hit harder for those reasons. As for hitting more often... well, I'm not sure how well the THAC0-type numbers were implemented for different classes. And depending on what level you are, they may just be close to automatic hits.

jsalsb 12-03-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bungleau:
well, I'm not sure how well the THAC0-type numbers were implemented for different classes.
???????????????????????????????????? (?)