Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help, fashion police! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102053)

Felix The Assassin 07-06-2011 10:58 PM

Help, fashion police!

Hate to say that I saw this today.

A new staff member removed his sport coat, and was wearing a short sleeved shirt! :uhoh1:
Yes, a tie is required, and was worn!

Firestormalpha 07-06-2011 11:21 PM

Re: Help, fashion police!

I'm presuming office environment? In which case, long sleeve buttoned shirt I think is the code. A short sleeve, maybe if you worked in the mail room? I'm just kinda guessing here. So far I've only worked in places where you can get away with nice jeans/preferably khaki's, and a polo style shirt. (most of us wore jeans and t-shirts anyway because store management permitted it)

Felix The Assassin 07-06-2011 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestormalpha (Post 1246148)
I'm presuming office environment? In which case, long sleeve buttoned shirt I think is the code. A short sleeve, maybe if you worked in the mail room? I'm just kinda guessing here. So far I've only worked in places where you can get away with nice jeans/preferably khaki's, and a polo style shirt. (most of us wore jeans and t-shirts anyway because store management permitted it)

Correct, business formal (lite). The mail room guy has it made, issued uniform!

Chewbacca 07-06-2011 11:36 PM

Coulda been worse...sandals with knee-high black socks, also known as going out in summer with my Dad...

SpiritWarrior 07-06-2011 11:43 PM

Omg the nerve of that short-sleeved bandit.

Lord of Alcohol 07-07-2011 12:03 AM

I would have a tough time there, I wear shorts. Always.

Ladyzekke 07-07-2011 07:23 PM

Well if you keep your jacket on nobody would know it was short sleeves LOL. We have an attorney at my work that needs to be introduced to an iron. His suits are not just wrinkly, but uber-wrinkly like he just picked the suit up from a ball on the floor and put on in the morning LOL. Also almost all of the suits are highwaters too (at least 3-4 inches above the shoes). It's hilarious. But his is a very smart man and a great guy so you just can't look down on him for it really. I myself always have made a point to dress up as sharp as possible every single day at work. Even on "casual Fridays" where everyone wears jeans I still wear a nice jacket and heels. I do this because people treat you better when you are dressed better. You just get more respect, simple as that. It is just advantageous I find for work. Now on the weekends and am at home, totally different story LOL. :D

Kakero 07-07-2011 07:56 PM

Well, at least the person has his clothes on. What if one day he comes with nothing but a tie only? :uhoh1:

Felix The Assassin 07-07-2011 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakero (Post 1246161)
Well, at least the person has his clothes on. What if one day he comes with nothing but a tie only? :uhoh1:

HaHa! 12 of 12 in the section are seasoned veterans, me thinks he would be viral before he could cover up! :D

Timber Loftis 07-09-2011 03:03 PM

A short sleeve shirt is never, ever, acceptable with a tie. Full stop.