Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Okay, BG2-EE is neat, but... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102578)

Attalus 02-10-2017 04:25 PM

Okay, BG2-EE is neat, but...

I *really* don't like the Journal. Maybe there is some way to check for the texts of some of the game notfications and events listed there, but I can't find it. I do like Neera, and the additional items. Anybody else have things to dislike about it?

Shadow Stranger 02-10-2017 07:53 PM

Re: Okay, BG2-EE is neat, but...

When you get used to it, the Journal is okay. Click all the buttons, Quests, Done Quests...

Attalus 02-11-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Stranger (Post 1250607)
When you get used to it, the Journal is okay. Click all the buttons, Quests, Done Quests...

For one thing, there is no Done Quests button in mine. All the Quests say "No objective text" when you click on them

Shadow Stranger 02-11-2017 08:49 PM

That is a bad program error!
If you have been accepting and attempting quests there should be lots of text in the Journal.
You could try the Beamdog forums and see if anyone else has this issue too.

Attalus 03-03-2017 12:37 PM

Another pair of things I hate about BG2-EE. Keldorn moves slow, even with Boots of the Cheetah. I have substituted Minsc. And it is hard to use the MP exploit to import stuff from other games.

Attalus 03-03-2017 07:08 PM

However, I have to say that Neera's Romance is great. Some stuff on the Internet made me think she would be acting like a spoiled teenager, like Skie in BG. I find her adorable, better than the Viconia Romance, much less Jaheira's. I have never done the Aerie Romance, as I find her annoying

ElfBane 03-04-2017 03:40 AM

The Aerie Romance also "gifts" you with an infant, IIRC. Just what an Adventurer needs while traipsing around Saving The Forgotten Realms... ya think!

Attalus 03-06-2017 07:10 PM

Oh, another bug, which is not all bad. First of all, after I visited the Trademeet Druid thingie I started having deer playing all over my game. It was kind of amusing in the slums, and in the Underdark, they actually got in the way of the bad guys, like when the Drow patrol ambushes you at that bridge leading to Ust'Natha. Then, after I entered the maze at Watcher's Keep, I started having Mad Elves all over the place. Not really a problem. But amusingly, when I had dealt with Odren and Company, they reappeared in my Pocket Plane, around the area of the first challenge, and even allowed me to buy and sell from Sister Galena. And the again in the abandoned Bhall Temple in the Forest of Mir. Very handy!