Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cloudy's Cafe-a conversation zone, June 7th 2002 (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79347)

Helspanth 06-07-2002 05:05 PM

I agree.I don't think that a man wearing kilt is to be ridiculed.It is a national emblem and the Scots did good in keeping it.
I don't think that there are people that would make fun of this.

Talthyr Malkaviel 06-07-2002 05:06 PM

Ah Helspanth, let me enlighten you... ;)

Read from about halfway down this page until you see me raising a question, with no harmful intent of course. :rolleyes:
The pages after that contain many questions raised by nay sayers, but we crushed their logic, proving the kilt the true man's clothing.. check it out. ;)

Legolas 06-07-2002 05:06 PM

See? Regin made his own kilt at home and has discovered it's comfort. Now he is about to reject the trouser tyranny and wear only kilts when online, isn't that right, Regin?

One for kilts, and kilts for all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lioness 06-07-2002 05:07 PM

No, I don't think anyone does. [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't ridicule them, but if they think they're going to get me in one of those skirts... [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Talthyr Malkaviel 06-07-2002 05:09 PM

For anyone who wishes to take the kilt and uphold the tradition, simply repeat this statement, adding your name where the brackets instruct you to, and then you arre an honourary scot, you will be welcomed and recieve your kilt. ;)
A while after you will get the complimentary claymore of course. (For those who don't know, big bad ass two handed sword)

I (insert name), do solemly swear
my undying allegiance to the kilt,
and the God of tartan
I will stand by the kilt,
and defend it with my life
And I shall aim to be a model honourary Scot
I promise on my honour to be faithful and loyal to the Kilt.
I pledge myself to the service of the Kilt
with all my strength
and with all my heart.
I promise to hold in high esteem our heritage,
won for us through the blood and toil of our fathers;
and I pledge myself in all things to uphold
and defend the good name of the Kilt.
So help me the God of Tartan.

Legolas 06-07-2002 05:11 PM

Lioness, you should consider it an honour of the highest sort! Normally, only men are allowed to wear kilts. I mean, that we give you express permission to wear one...

Sir ReGiN 06-07-2002 05:11 PM

The trouser-tyranny indeed!
A man can never feel truly free if he hasn't worn a kilt! (if he wears it the right way that is ;) :D )
I'm going to make a few more in different cloths and then I'll probarbly wear nothing but kilts this summer ;)
I'm out there and loving every minute of it!

Lioness 06-07-2002 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Ah Helspanth, let me enlighten you... ;)

Read from about halfway down this page until you see me raising a question, with no harmful intent of course. :rolleyes:
The pages after that contain many questions raised by nay sayers, but we crushed their logic, proving the kilt the true man's clothing.. check it out. ;)

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] Oh, I'm loving your arguments, Talthy. :D But you're hardly going to convince me to wear one now, since you've spent four pages convincing everyone else they're so masculine ;)

Lord Shield 06-07-2002 05:15 PM

those aren't kilts!

*takes towels back*

now off to bed or I'll tell your Mums on you [img]tongue.gif[/img] ;)

Sir ReGiN 06-07-2002 05:16 PM

Pff..women in skirts ROFLMAO! [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img]