Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wizards & Warriors Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Stuck in Ishad N'ha (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32460)

yonkoc 10-28-2003 11:20 AM

Hi, before you start with directing me to the Tech tips - Yes, I've read them. I did what i had to do with the compressed AVI's but when i play the game the town screens are split in two parts (one is about 2/3 of the screen, the other is 1/3). Plus i think that only the hub files are split, the mask files seem to be in the correct place. The mask and hub don't fit and the colours are like green, blue and some purple. Anyone have a clue how to fix that?

Bungleau 10-28-2003 11:43 AM

[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] Welcome to the boards, Yonkoc. May the evildoers of the Gael Serran soon feel the steel of your angry blade...

Hmmm... okay, if you've read the Tech Tips, then you know we need your operating system, directX version, memory, resolution, acceleration type, and a couple of other things to give you good answers [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds to me like the virtualdub split hasn't taken well. I would probably reinstall the game and re-dub the AVI files, just to make sure that went clean. And I'd move the original files and put the new ones where they were, to ensure I had no conflicts.

I'd also probably switch to software acceleration (if you're not already), get the latest version of your vid card drivers (post your card and drivers, and Willow will give you what for). I'd also switch to 800x600 resolution, or 1024x768, to see what happens.

And a DirectX up- or down-grade may be in the works as well...

Let us know, and you can see what happens. And do keep us informed on your progress... [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

bsftcs 10-28-2003 11:47 AM

I am afraid I cannot help you much, but I can, however, greet you and bid you warmly welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

Some tech tips accidentally made it into the "best tips" thread. For example Axel's post on page five of the best tips. You might want to check there.

Other than that I can only advise you to sit tight and await the arrival of the cavalry - i.e. the techies. They will be online shortly, I believe. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyvern 10-28-2003 12:29 PM

Welcome to the board, yonkoc!!!

Bungleau has given you good advice and since I'm not anywhere near a good techie, I won't try to add anything other than the hope that your problem will soon be resolved!!

Wyv

moiraine sedai 10-29-2003 06:29 AM

Welcome to the forum, Yonkoc!

Let me be another poster to give you a cheery hello [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

If you are having any trouble in the game (once it gets going :D ), ask for help, and the more than capable members of this board will see your question answered swiftly!

Moiraine Sedai

WillowIX 10-29-2003 11:55 AM

Welcome to the board yonkoc. [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

A part from your system specifications I would also like to know the exact size of ALL your town*.avi files. Right click them and give us all the information there please.

yonkoc 10-29-2003 05:25 PM

Hi to all of you, too!
This has been the first (and probably the last) forum that i've been greeted so warmly. Makes me feel... kind of... I don't know. Cool ;)
Ok. Now to the point.

Bungleau wrote
"Hmmm... okay, if you've read the Tech Tips, then you know we need your operating system, directX version, memory, resolution, acceleration type, and a couple of other things to give you good answers"

In order of appearance: Win XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) SP 1, DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902), 256 DDR 333 Mhz (Nanya is the brand of the memory if that's of any relevance) 800x600, D3D GeForce 4 MX 440 (version 52.16 - these are the latest I think).
Bungleau, I'll try what you suggested and post a pos/neg on what happened.

WillowIX wrote
"A part from your system specifications I would also like to know the exact size of ALL your town*.avi files. Right click them and give us all the information there please."

1. townavi\townhub1 - 33■572■864 bytes / size on disk - 33■574■912 bytes
2. townavi\townhub2 - 33■572■864 bytes / size on disk - 33■574■912 bytes
3. townavi\townhub3 - 33■572■864 bytes / size on disk - 33■574■912 bytes
4. townavi\townmsk1 - 33■572■864 bytes / size on disk - 33■574■912 bytes
5. townavi\townmsk2 - 33■572■864 bytes / size on disk - 33■574■912 bytes
6. townavi\townmsk3 - 33■572■864 bytes / size on disk - 33■574■912 bytes

Here's what i did with the avis. I opened each with Vdub decompressed it and then saved it as thub1 (resp thub2, 3; tmsk1, 2, 3). Then i deleted the original files and renamed the thub1 (...) to the respective names. If you want to (and you are able, since there are restrictions for you probably, i've put a pic of how things look on my site, errr just checked - my provider/site is down). If anyone wishes I'll send the pic to him. write me to yonkoc@abv.bg and put in the subject line w&w pic.

Oh, and I've read Alex's message. I doubt the indeo codecs will do the trick. I have a Gygabyte 7VAX with VIA AC'97 Enhaced Audio Controller

[ 10-29-2003, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: yonkoc ]

WillowIX 10-29-2003 05:52 PM

OK the avi files look fine. Open them up in media player and take a look. You should see the town scrolling by (either the actual towns or the ones iwht ourple etc. buildings). If it's not, then there's an error with the file (corrupt sector or anything). Do as Bungleau said, re-install the game, but after you have uninstalled it, run a complete scandisk just to make sure. [img]smile.gif[/img]