Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dragon Age™ Origins (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   DA's Notable Voices (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101166)

Chewbacca 11-12-2009 12:59 PM

DA's Notable Voices

Two of them stood out for me:

Tim Curry as Ar Howe, who is in all sorts of games according to his bio.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw his name in the credits was Clue :D and then RHPS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Curry

My fave is, of course, Captain Janeway herself, Kate Mulgrew as Flemeth!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kate_Mulgrew

SpiritWarrior 11-12-2009 01:14 PM

Re: DA's Notable Voices

Dude, I was about to make the same post today after playing for awhile this morning - how odd.

Of course, I immediately recognised Kate - love her as an actor. Did you know Tuvok is in there too lol? I can't find what chars he is, but I will look out for his voice. Just like Tuvok to be riding on Janeways fame!

Sparhawk 11-12-2009 02:05 PM

Well Sci Fi geeks will love that Morrigan is played by none other than...

...The sexy girl from Stargate series - Can't for the life of me remember her name in the show right now - but she has exactly the same kind of dry dark and very morbid humor in the tv show.

I seem to remember that Mr. Worf played Sarevok? is this true or is my mind playing trix on me...I am old after all.

Ziroc 11-12-2009 02:06 PM

And don't forget Tim Russ as that Elf that made the curse.. It's Janeway's Chief of Security, Tuvok! :) He spoke more softly, but I know that Vulcan voice from anywhere. (He's a really good actor)

JrKASperov 11-12-2009 03:30 PM

Human noble Origin: go to the library before the attack. The librarian is Gorion. ;) For you BG fans. Also known as one of the most talented voice actors EVER, Jim Cummings. He also did Minsc, but his voice is immediately recognisable as Gorion's.

robertthebard 11-12-2009 03:41 PM

Speaking of Minsc, while not voice acted, or making an appearance, as of yet, one of the loading screens tells you "When in doubt, go for the eyes". Morrigan is played by Claudia Black, yes from the original SG series. Her ingame avatar favors her as well, barring the goldish eyes and the heavy use of mascara. I recognized Tim Russ in the long drawn out dialog just before the werewolf thing, I only had to do it 10 times to get it done...Nothing like having the wrong party configuration when you have to fight a long fight, and don't pay attention to Templar skills...

I picked Kate out as soon as she had a speaking part.

JrKASperov 11-12-2009 03:54 PM

I always enjoyed picking out the voice actors from various stuff btw. A lot of the actors from the cool classic rpg's also had big parts in cartoons of the day. These people are really talented and can put more nuance in one sentence than most hollywood big shots that get cast these days in their entire parts. Jim Cummings is perhaps the most known, but also Rob Paulsen (Morte, animaniacs) Kath Soucie (rugrats, fallout, Aerie) Charles Adler (Harold, BGII, hey arnold!) [now i get tired of listing stuff] Tress Macneille, Tony Jay, Ron Perlman, Grey DeLisle, Jennifer Hale, Jim Meskimen... Not to mention a lot of these had BIG parts in Disney cartoon movies.

Chewbacca 11-12-2009 04:36 PM

Oh cool, I haven't gotten to some of these voices yet, like good old Mr. Tuvok, Mr. Tim Russ. I'm a proud owner of the Tim Russ CD he put out a few years back in fact, lol. Yep, I'm a Tuvok fan. I missed his name in the credits at first glance.

Jim Cummings, I remember that name and voice too.

I think it could go without saying this game has a stellar cast! :)

Sparhawk 11-12-2009 05:08 PM

Hmmm speaking of Minsc - I fell over this tidbit

Supposedly if you name your Hound Boo, your character will yell for him to go for the eyes.

Ziroc 11-12-2009 05:16 PM

Not to get off topic, but IMO, Tim Russ did an amazing job on Voyager. He actually was a HUGE fan of Trek, and for years tried to get on TNG, but Worf took his spot--but was later apart of Voyager. :) He said he would work hours perfecting the facial movements and such.. really cool stuff. I think he was on the latest Die Hard movie as a detective too..

Back to DA: I wonder, if I chose to 'kill them all' in the werewolves quest, how it would have gone? Spoiler below..

Spoiler for Click here if you've played this quest already:
When he asks you to kill them all, and you do, I wonder if you're allowed to and Tuvok doesn't die at the end? Dunno.. maybe I'll load up where I saved before I chose that path to remove the curse and save them and see!