Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   nwn2 rocks! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37196)

Gabrielles blades 11-03-2006 11:35 PM

OMG i am so in love with this game! its like the perfect combination of the playstyle from baldurs gate and neverwinter nights! the cut scenes and character personalities are so vibrant:)

P.S. does anyone know what crafting rank you need to be able to work with the special metals like darksteel mithral adamantine etc?

Micah Foehammer 11-07-2006 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
OMG i am so in love with this game! its like the perfect combination of the playstyle from baldurs gate and neverwinter nights! the cut scenes and character personalities are so vibrant:)

P.S. does anyone know what crafting rank you need to be able to work with the special metals like darksteel mithral adamantine etc?

I believe I read in the bioware forums that you need a crafting skill of either 23 or 24 to work with adamantine.

Here is a very good link to a complete crafting guide - including some warnings about bugged items. It should explain a LOT. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/dosw...2_crafting.txt

[ 11-08-2006, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

Micah Foehammer 11-08-2006 03:59 PM

Bumping so GB sees the crafting link. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Gabrielles blades 11-09-2006 01:14 PM

thanks a bunch:) thats perfect!

johnny 11-09-2006 08:05 PM

I agree, this game rocks. It has been a long time since i had a game that made me lose this much sleep as NWN 2. Matter of fact....Medieval Total War will be released any day now, which i abso-friggin-lutely MUST have, the minute it hits the stores, but i don't think i can't focus on anything else but NWN 2 right now. This game has me mesmerized or something. :D

Not sure how the rest of you feel about this game, but to me it has some sort of feel of a Baldurs Gate/NWN/KotOR mixture, in other words...this game has it all. I've been reading stuff on other messageboards, and if i were to believe every post outthere, this game should be one big bug infestation, but right now i'm in chapter 3, playing unpatched, and i haven't encountered anything yet as is described in the patch info, so why fix it if it ain't broken eh ? :D

Anyway...to make a long story short...yes, this game kicks major ass.

DraconisRex 11-10-2006 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:

I've been reading stuff on other messageboards, and if i were to believe every post outthere, this game should be one big bug infestation, but right now i'm in chapter 3, playing unpatched, and i haven't encountered anything yet as is described in the patch info, so why fix it if it ain't broken eh ? :D

I too, have been well pleased by this game. And, like you, I haven't had any problems either.

I've only had two complaints so far. At first I didn't like the camera, but I got used to it and it's fine. The initial start-up load is slow, but that's not a deal-breaker.

Memnoch 11-10-2006 09:11 PM

The SP game is definitely fantastic, and very BG-like. The cutscenes and NPC development are very KOTOR - amazing how things like voice can really build an impression of a character for you. I'm only in Chapter 1 (I think - I'm in Neverwinter) and I'm really enjoying it. Only downsides for me are that I have to run it on 8-12fps, and I had lots of tech issues during installation. But that's pretty much sorted now (aside from the fps).

WOLFGIR 11-11-2006 12:29 PM

I am so glad to read this thread every once in a while it makes the future playing of NWN2 seem a little brighter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Neo the Warrior Cat 11-11-2006 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:

and if i were to believe every post outthere, this game should be one big bug infestation, but right now i'm in chapter 3, playing unpatched, and i haven't encountered anything yet as is described in the patch info, so why fix it if it ain't broken eh ? :D

You could be one of the lucky ones.

Hell, I've managed to run a completely unpatched ToB game without running into bugs.

I've played Morrowind unpatched and not have any nasty bugs or corrupted saving files.

But honestly, the bugs exist. They just don't strike every single time.