Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Armor issue... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62912)

Kiyatha 01-07-2003 03:51 PM

Being a newbie at Morrowind, I have a (amongst others) question, that I hope someone in here knows the answer to.

If I have a cuirass at armory level 17, is that better or less good than an armor at the level of 5? Normally I would believe that the lower level would be better, as it is in BG... but with Morrowind, I'm not too sure.

Also, which armor is the best: heavy, medium och light? Which one is good for what?

I'm an archer (as well as a thief) by the way, so which armor would be suited for me? Up til this point I've been wearing the light armor.

Also, I'm a bit confused about pickpocketing. I tried to stand behind a person and press the space bar, but then I just started talking to him. How do I do?

Thankful for any respond!

/Kiyatha D'Annor

[ 01-07-2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Kiyatha ]

Aragorn The Wise 01-07-2003 04:20 PM

A armor rating of say 17 is far better of a armor rating of 5 most of the time.

How it works is that you have major and minor skills. Those skills can inculde light armor, medium armor, and heavy armor. Being a archer/thief I would suggest using mostly light armor and such. Make sure your light armor skill is being leveled up as well.

Also using heavy armor with a armor rating of say 11 but your heavy armor skill is only 10 would suck compared to a light armor with a rating level of 7 and a light armor skill of 21. It also weighs you down and when you walk you make a lot of noise.

About pickpocketing make sure your sneak skill is high enough to where you won't get caught. You must also enter into sneak mode. I don't know the keystroke for the PC version so you make have to look that up. Also make sure that the person can't see you (a little icon of a hand going into a bag appears when no one can see you) when you go to pickpocket them.

I wish you goodluck with your archer/thief. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Kiyatha 01-07-2003 05:25 PM

Thanks, you've been a great help! Now, I shall pickpocket like never before!!! :)

Aragorn The Wise 01-07-2003 05:34 PM

No problem. Have fun pickpocketing all of Vvardenfell. [img]smile.gif[/img]

johnny 01-07-2003 05:42 PM

Your char is a thief, so light armour (glass) would be best. I myself prefer heavy (Daedric), but my char is a fighter, so i need it more than you. :D

Grungi 01-08-2003 07:33 AM

hmmm my method of pickpocketing is slightly different, i walk up behind my target, pull out my large hammer and smack em one, then take all their belongings, i thought that was what pickpocketing was all about? *inno*

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

come here johnny theres shiny things in your pockets,.... ;)

johnny 01-08-2003 07:37 AM

No, that the British way of pickpocketing, it's created by an ancient East London family, named Oolahan. Ring any bells ? :D

Kakero 01-08-2003 08:01 AM

it doesn't matter, if your stealth skill is 100, you can pickpocket even if you wear the heaviest armor in the game.

canadianvixen 01-08-2003 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by johnny:
No, that the British way of pickpocketing, it's created by an ancient East London family, named Oolahan. Ring any bells ? :D
<font color = aqua> Hey, wait a minute ...my familiy is from east london! Besides isn't Oolahan Dutch? lol </font>

johnny 01-08-2003 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by canadianvixen:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by johnny:

<font color = aqua> Hey, wait a minute ...my familiy is from east london! Besides isn't Oolahan Dutch? lol </font></font>[/QUOTE]It's Irish, i read it in a book somewhere, the word "hooligan" comes from it. Must have been quite a family. :D