Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Circus music is ruining my day (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=101643)

Felix The Assassin 08-28-2010 01:05 PM

Circus music is ruining my day

Dueling D.C. rallies mark King speech anniversary
Beck says of rally at Lincoln Memorial: 'My role is ... to wake America up'

From the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck told a crowd of tens of thousands of people Saturday that the U.S. has too long "wandered in darkness."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38891505...ics/?Gt1=43001

ElfBane 08-28-2010 01:35 PM

Re: Circus music is ruining my day

The "Restoring Honor" they talk about, where did we lose said "honor"? Was it when we threw out habeas corpus? Was it when we invaded a sovereign nation for no reason? Tell me the whens and wheres that this Honor was lost.

Firestormalpha 08-28-2010 03:22 PM

Well, as I've read it, Beck tried to secure a date in September that was apparently unavailable. So he got stuck with MLK Jr day. At least, that's what I've read.

Not sure about the whole "lost honor" idea. Perhaps that most americans have no knowledge of nor consideration for our heritage. Again, from what I've read, it's about honoring soldiers who've fought for our nation. To keep politics out of it he's allegedly requested that the tea partier's not bring their (often controversial) signs.

This is the article from which I've been reading.

SpiritWarrior 08-28-2010 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firestormalpha (Post 1242423)
Well, as I've read it, Beck tried to secure a date in September that was apparently unavailable. So he got stuck with MLK Jr day. At least, that's what I've read.

Not sure about the whole "lost honor" idea. Perhaps that most americans have no knowledge of nor consideration for our heritage. Again, from what I've read, it's about honoring soldiers who've fought for our nation. To keep politics out of it he's allegedly requested that the tea partier's not bring their (often controversial) signs.

This is the article from which I've been reading.

He most likely wanted the 9/12 date, knowing him. He has that whole "9/12 project" going on iirc, coupled with commandments and the like.

Firestormalpha 08-28-2010 04:52 PM

Granted even if Beck genuinely wants to leave politics out of his rally. Where he goes politics follow. That and rallies and politics are inseperably bound.

Felix The Assassin 08-28-2010 05:33 PM

So I did not paste the whole story, politics aside, Sara P was his guest speaker. Clicky the linky, 2nd paragraph after the "more text bellow".

1. I do not believe this was not intentional.
2. I do not believe politics were not the main stay.
3. I believe it was another circus.

SpiritWarrior 08-28-2010 05:34 PM

Oh it would be nice FSA, but bah, Beck just likes the spotlight. Even if this is non-political, it just happens that he is leading it and causing people to "rally". He'd do better to donate some of his millions to the troops, and honor them that way.

Felix The Assassin 08-28-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior (Post 1242427)
Oh it would be nice FSA, but bah, Beck just likes the spotlight. Even if this is non-political, it just happens that he is leading it and causing people to "rally". He'd do better to donate some of his millions to the troops, and honor them that way.

We are not a mercenary force, therefore liken of the Saudi's and Kuwaiti's of DS era, he can only give decorations and accouterments. Blah, build a rehab facility, outfit it, and keep it staffed.

SecretMaster 08-29-2010 07:51 PM

The best part about this thread is that the "similiar threads" finder has a number of threads from the circus in Waukeens Promenade from BG II. Ahhh memories :)

Timber Loftis 08-30-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin (Post 1242420)

Wait, wait, wait....

Al Sharpton walked 3 miles??!! LIES AND SPIN!!